Chapter 35

"Are you free now? I would like to speak to you in person about your position within this company,"

Danielle stared up at the bedroom ceiling, daydreaming about her fiancée who had still yet to inform her on where she had actually run off to and what exactly she was doing. It was something to do with work, mumbling about how she should have kept her phone with her as she hurriedly tugged on a pair of trousers. Stefania barely even took the time to kiss Danielle goodbye before calling out that she loved her and rushing down the stairs.

After laying there naked for a few moments, Danielle figured that Stefania wouldn't be returning as soon as she may have hoped for her to, so settled for taking a quick shower, rinsing the day off before returning back to their bedroom with her robe loosely tied around her waist. Glancing down at her phone and seeing no notifications from Stefania, she settled for aimless scrolling of floral arrangements before deciding on just imagining what she and Stefania would wear for their wedding. 

She always found herself thinking about what they would be wearing. She knew she would be wearing a dress, but whenever she asked Stefania, she always said that she hadn't decided yet. Danielle could picture Stefania in a white suit, she could also picture her in a pastel-coloured suit depending on what theme they decided on. Or dark red. Or dark purple like the one she wore on their first date. 

At the same time, Danielle could also imagine Stefania wearing a jumpsuit with fine pieces of lace detail and her hair curled with diamond-embellished clips keeping everything in place. Or a sleek dress, glass slippers and-

Stef <3: Baby

Stef <3: What are you doing?

Danielle couldn't remember the last time she had grabbed her phone so fast, sitting up straight. 

Danielle SS: Just laying in bed

Stef <3: Can you meet me somewhere? I will send a car for you

Danielle SS: This sounds like a pre-dating hook-up

Stef <3: Hm, maybe it is ;)

Stef <3: Wear the dark dress with all the little flowers on it

Danielle knew exactly what dress Stefania was referring to, it was one of her favourites, but it only further confused Danielle as to why she was asking her to meet her. She was always full of mysteries. 

Danielle SS: Why?

Stef <3: Just do it

Danielle SS: Okay Nike

Danielle SS: Doing it now 

Stef <3: Perfect 

Stefania smiled down at her phone, tapping her fingers against the device before slipping it into her pocket with a sigh that exhaled relief and success. At this moment, part of Stefania wished that she had asked Danielle to come with her, but she had no idea as to what road this conversation would lead her down. It was a good road. A very good road.

Danielle SS: Do you need me to bring anything?

Stef <3: Just yourself

Stef <3: Tell me when you are ready

Danielle left her phone next to her as she fixed her heels, shuffling around as she secured the buckle that was above her ankle.