Chapter 34

"So can we actually get Italian?"

Stefania quietly made her way downstairs, the morning sunlight illuminating the house and slightly warming the space. She'd left her fiancée fast asleep when she couldn't seem to fall back to sleep herself. It wasn't too early though, she could make it work in her favour.

It felt nice to be able to now walk around without constantly making sure she wouldn't trip over a box on the floor. Almost everything in their house was put away properly now, but there were still some boxes that they decided on storing away in a spare room. A four-bedroom house for the two of them, plans of a home office were definitely on the cards, but they both knew that in ten years time, the rooms would hopefully be filled with tiny humans.

She wasn't quite sure if she wanted coffee yet, settling for sliding open the large back door which led her out into their backyard. The patio was warm under her feet as she took a few slow steps further out. Perhaps she could start to make plans of having her parents fly over. She didn't see them as much as she thought she would when in London, but the handful of times that she did fly over made her realise just how much she missed their company. 

Stefania's phone had barely rung in the time that they were back in America. It was quite blissful if anything. Blissful, yet stressful because she was still awaiting one specific phone call. She had told Danielle that her job was already sorted, and she wasn't one to usually lie or hide things from Danielle, but it was easier if no questions were asked. Stefania just had to wait. 

Danielle, on the other hand, was more than ready to start work. There had been a conversation at one point whilst they were still in London where Danielle expressed that maybe she didn't want to work in Grey & 19 anymore. If she wasn't being Stefania's assistant, she didn't really enjoy it. She was lucky that there were quite a few open vacancies that suited the type of role she was looking for, and that didn't require a heavy interview process. 

Danielle was fine, that was the important factor for Stefania.

She reached up to shade her eyes as the bright sun made an appearance from behind the few sparse clouds. The only plans they had for the day was to do a grocery shop, and preferably empty some of the boxes in one of the vacant rooms, though both knew that probably wouldn't happen.

But that meant that the pool they still hadn't used yet, would probably be used. Stefania made a mental note to add some sort of alcohol to their shopping list. And those little cocktail umbrellas because her fiancée had a weird obsession with them.

It should be a nice day.

Stefania hummed quietly to herself as she walked back inside the house, sliding the door shut. As she made her way towards the kitchen, she heard Danielle's phone start to ring from upstairs. If it was anyone apart from Jaina, that was usually a catalyst for her fiancée to be in a bad mood.

She made her way upstairs, pausing in the doorway of their room just as Danielle chucked her phone on the bed.

"All good?"

"Yes," Danielle replied tiredly as she turned over and pulled the covers up to her chin. "There was a cancellation at the eye doctor so I can go in today,"

"What time?"

"Eleven," Danielle replied, letting out a long yawn afterwards.

"So do I get sexy, teacher fiancée sooner than expected?" Stefania asked, a smile on her face as she walked in. "What a great day,"

"If I need glasses," Danielle said, turning to face Stefania and holding her arms open. Her smile grew as she rushed onto the bed and into Danielle's arms, holding her close. "Besides, I can just buy fake glasses if you want that so badly,"