🍁Part 46: Year 1621- 2🍁

Song: "Jaane Kyun" by Vishal Dadlani

Jimin cautiously eyed the crowd before settling in the narrow gap that led to another ally.

The bustling crowd of Hwangnam-dong were busy enough to even pay attention to some scrawny kid sneaking even though he didn't need to. But still he needed to be cautious while doing something like this.

He may have waited for a while until he gained courage to move forward. His eyes were fixated on a middle aged yet a buff guy who was selling fruits on his stall. It wasn't something uncommon considering it was the main vegetables market of the town. But still that vendor had some juicy variety of fruits than the many others.

So he slowly stepped forward since clearly the vendor was busy with some customers. He tried to make himself smaller in order to not catch anyone's eyes. And he was successful too since no one looked at him through the crowd. He was almost invisible for those faceless people.

He sneakily picked up some apples from his carts and tried shoving them into his worn out rag bag. He successfully stole three apples. Just as he was about to reach to the fourth, his clumsy self stumbled on one of the carts resulting into it falling and scattering the red fruits all over the market floor.

"THIEF!!!"

The vendor yelled on top of his lungs, and honestly Jimin lost his strength then and there. It was the very first time he had attempted stealing and that was a major fail. But as he couldn't just stop there and stare at the wide crowd whose attention he has gained. So he stumbled a little bit started moving back until his legs gained there strength back and he started running through the crowd with his best knowledge not to stumble into any hurdles.

Which was quite difficult task since few workmen of that vendor were chasing him. And that meant broken bones considering they were at least three times bigger than him. People were shrieking with sudden commotion and making way for them unknowingly.

He clutched the rag bag tightly and almost brought his heart to his mouth but didn't stop running. He had to escape at any cost. Because there was no way he would accept defeat.

He can steal.

And wanted to prove this.

Silly? Yeah. He never would've thought that the Prince of Busan that he was, would have to stoop so low to steal just to fill his stomach some day.

But there was no denying that he wasn't ever trained to do something like this. It was quite showing because the distance between him and those chasing people was becoming less and less rapidly. His breath was not enough for him to cope up with all the running since it started burning his chest.

His legs were now becoming numb due to excessive exercise and there was no way that he would be able to make up to a safe place successfully without being caught.

It was now obvious that he would end up with his few bones broken and ugly bruises staining his white unblemished skin. He almost gave up. But that was until a firm hand came out of nowhere and swooped his away from others' eyesight.

He was almost pulled to the adjacent corner of the alleyway as his back was slammed to the wall, but not roughly. One hand came to cover his mouth in order to him not to make any noises. And other hand was secured behind his back of the head to secure it from slamming.

Immediately he knew who it was. And to his fortune when he opened his eyes, which he had closed tightly in fear, he caught the sight of his favourite hyung. But he didn't look very happy.

By the look on Kai's face, Jimin knew, he was in a deep trouble.

___________________________

"Just what were you thinking before pulling out such a foolish act?", Kai roared and Jimin cowered even more in his seat. It was some old place which they had made their property recently.

Its been months since Jimin joined the duo. And Jimin was not even counting how many months. Because sincerely, even though it was a struggle living with two thieves, Jimin was enjoying his life to the fullest. He had became so close to  Kai who was like a big brother for him.

He doesn't know why Kai took him in when he was practically a stranger and being a thief, Kai and Yugyeom never trusted anyone. But still they took him in and Jimin was so grateful for them. Unknowingly they both had become his family.

Kai was always a soft hearted person, at least for Jimin. While Yugyeom was a little on strict side. But nevertheless, Jimin was happy. For once. Because one thing for sure...

God had showed mercy on him even though he was severely cursed. Because even a twig is enough to give hope to a drowning man. And he has found hopes in form of Jihyun, Hoseok and now Kai.

"I'm asking you something Jimin. Why did you try to steal?", Kai asked again patiently. As much as he was angry, he still didn't want to scare Jimin.

"Because I told him.", A voice came from back. Kai faced Yugyeom with anger visible on his face. But Yugyeom didn't look fazed by this.

"And may I ask why? Don't you know how dangerous is it? What if he had been caught? Do you have any idea what would have happened to him??", Kai looked like he would pounce on Yugyeom any time. Even though Kai's anger didn't faze him, he still looked a little disappointed.

"So what if I made him try? Don't you think he should learn by now how to steal? At least food?", He crossed his arms making a point. Jimin just looked through his hair falling over his eyes and immediately looked down to his lap, not wanting to face either of their rages.

"But why did you even made him do that? He's still young!!", Kai yelled holding himself back from doing anything over exaggerating.

"Young? Did you say young? Tell me, when did you start stealing and feeding for yourself? 10th winter. We are doing this since our tenth winter Kai!! He's not even that young to be pampered by us. Its difficult for us trying to feed ourselves two times as it is. And you say he's young to do this??", Yugyeom yelled at equal pitch to Kai giving him a hard stare.

"Yugyeom. We have discussed this before too. Jimin will not do stealing or any other stuff that could cause danger to him. And what difficulty you are talking about? I already bring enough to feed three of us. So you don't have to make this any difficult by forcing Jimin in any of such activities. Am I clear?", Kai spoke coldly, totally ignoring Yugyeom's hurt face. Jimin stood up with a little courage.

"Kai hyung... He didn't force me. I swear. He is right... I should try to—"

"I said what I said. And its final. I don't want any discussion regarding this ever again. End of the topic.", Kai spoke firmly. It wasn't new to Jimin or Yugyeom. Kai was extremely protective over Jimin and Yugyeom too. But he pampered Jimin like some baby. And Yugyeom was against it since he believed Jimin should be learning how to fend on his own too even though they are there for him. But Kai never agreed to this.

Kai stood up to leave trying to ignore Jimin's sad pouty face. He muttered to Yugyeom before leaving.

"We have to be careful. And sending Jimin to steal anything would be foolishness considering he is not trained to do such things. And either way, we should be more careful from now on since I heard, there would be two Royal polices coming to the town for patrolling..."

Something in Jimin's heart severely palpitated, and he didn't know why but some unknown fear overtook his features before falling into deep sea of thoughts.

________________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

I'm sooooo sorry for being so late.  But finally update. Yayy. And also....

Thank you so much for your support!!

Borahae 💜