𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

SECOND CHAPTER.

"What happened mummy?"

"Nothing love. Just finish your food, yeah? I have to call uncle Li."

"Can I talk to him too?" - She asked hopefully.

"Maybe later." - I smiled as I grabbed my phone and practically ran to my home office, leaving her in the kitchen.

I closed the door of my office and sat down on my chair, trying not to freak out, trying to breathe.

Liam will have a solution.
He has to.

"Liam, I need your help." - I said as soon as he answered my call.

"Hello my friend, how are you? I'm fine, you? Yeah, I'm fine too." - He said sarcastically and I almost wanted to scream at him.

"Liam, this is fucking important."

"Okay, what's wrong?"

"Some dude just showed up at my door with his lawyer, saying he's Nymph's biological father and that he wants a fucking paternity test to claim her as his' and take her away from me, he says he has law on his side or something, I don't even know why they gave him my address, I don't want to lose her, Li. I need you to represent me, I don't know what can happen. I don't understand a thing."

"Okay. Wow. Slow down, H." - He said. - "What did they say exactly?"

"He said that he didn't know he had a daughter until a few days ago and now he wants to take care of her, he wants to take her with him. And he brought his fucking lawyer saying that they could build a case or something, I don't even know. Is that possible? Li, please tell me they are lying."

"The guy didn't know he had a daughter?"

"No, he said that the biological mother never told him."

"And the adoption people gave him your information?"

"Yes! Why the fuck did they do that?!"

"Harry, when you adopted Nymph, did you tell them you wanted an open adoption?"

"I think so…"

"So the agency was allowed to give them your information, you know that, right?"

"But… I never thought they would want to take her from me! This is outrageous! And he was so mean to me, Liam! He can't be around her! He is a bad person!"

"Hear me out. I'm going to help you, okay? When you accepted an open adoption, it allowed both of her biological parents to contact her."

"Yes, but they can't claim her back, Can they?"

"Let me finish. If he didn't know he had a child, and he wasn't around when the mother took the decision over her child's life, that means he can still claim her. You'll have to agree to his paternity test request."

"What?! Why?!"

"H, because both parents have to agree to give a child up for adoption. It's only for the mother to decide if the father is out of the picture or if it's some sort of extreme situation. But if the father is around and he wants to keep the baby on his own, then he has a choice too. If he can prove that is her real father and that he's in the condition of raising a child on his own to the eye of social services, then yes, he can claim her. I'm sorry."

"What? No. No no no no no. No, Liam. I'm not losing her! You have to do something!"

"I will! I'll help you, Okay? I'll try everything I can to let you keep your daughter. But you need to know this won't be easy, and it'll probably take months. So the first thing you need to do is allow them to take that test. Because if it comes back negative, then all of this would have been just a scare. But, if it comes back positive, then we'll have to fight. So, let me do a bit of research on old cases like this. I'll try to recollect information so we can be prepared, and hopefully win this shit in the end. Do you happen to know the lawyer's name? I'll need to dig into their cases too."