TWISTS

Isn't it lovely? All alone
Heart made of glass my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin and bone
Hello, welcome home.

The front man tied a tight cloth around Areum's arm where the bullet hit her and told everyone else to leave his office. He made sure no other weapons to be kept near Areum. He then tried taking the bullet out and dressing up her wound as she groaned loudly. "Why are you doing this? Can't you just kill me?" Areum asked breathing heavily. The frontman looked at her and said, "I don't have any motto of killing you. To be honest, you are one of the best soldiers here and I never expected you to betray me but you did. Even after so many things, I still don't want to kill you." Areum's eyes widen as she looked at the front who's eyes showed sincerity.

"Liar. There is no reason for you to keep me alive." Areum protested. She half expected this to be a lie because of how everyone was killed merciless but she was given a chance, it was unbelievable.

"There is. You know where my brother is. You know a lot of secrets of this place. And I am pretty sure you even know who the boss is. Isn't it?" Front man asked her but she didn't reply. Her silence gave him the answer and he continued, "Such a smart girl! Now say why wouldn't I spare you! You are smart enough to know secrets that only I know about so you can come to a lot of advantage in a place like this." Areum now started thinking that he isn't planning to kill her, but he isn't planning to leave her at the safe place either.

"Now that I see.. tell me why you came back here. You already had the money for your mom's surgery, infact you had enough money for you to survive a few years too so why did you return here to become a soldier?" Areum thought lying him won't be any good, she could be killed any time so she could just tell him the truth before dying.

"Actually..." Areum started as the front man sat on his chair, pouring himself and Areum a glass of wine. "..My mom died. The surgery didn't work out. She died." Areum drifted back to those traumatizing days.

Flashback

Areum entered the room where her mother slept, forever. She cried beside her still not believing it is the truth. She held her hands and tried waking her up, as if her mother would but that definitely wasn't going to happen. Soon a few nurses came and took her mother to the mortuary.

After completing all the documentations, Areum organised a funeral for her mother, it was grand but there was no one except her there. She still doesn't know where her father is so she is assuming he might have died while walking the streets in a drunken state. Her mom's body was buried under the ground in a coffin.

She came back home but was quite surprised to still not see her dad there. Maybe something has really happened to him too. She lived all by herself for a few days.

One day she was walking by the same station when she saw a man playing ddakji with the man that once played with her. The man saw her from across and gave her a sly smirk. She crossed the side to get to the man but when she arrived he was not there. She went to the man who was playing ddakji, his cheeks were all red and he looked terrible but happy that he got some money. "Hello. Can I know where the man who played ddakji with you went?" The man nodded and pointed to a direction as Areum raj towards that. Once she turned to the left, the only area of the station that was secluded, she saw the man standing there as if he was waiting for her.

"It was because of you! All this happed to me because of you!! If only you wouldn't have showed me those stupid money and told me to play those games, nothing would have happened! I wouldn't have left my mom alone to the point this could happen!" Areum shouted at him while holding his collar tightly. "I never forced you to come. I just offered you, it was your choice to join the game." The man told her still not budging from the thrash. "Who even gave you the permission to ask me? How did you even get to know me? Who are YOU? Huh?" Areum's word gave him an idea. "I can't tell you that. But I can give you a way figure it out yourself." The man who still hasn't told his name offered Areum. "How... Am I gonna do it?" Areum asked while raising an eyebrow. "You can join us but not as a player, as a staff. You can get the answers once you become a soldier!" The man lightly touched Areum's shoulder but she shrugged it, still debating whether to go for it again or not. But now that she wonder, she doesn't have anything to loose and this gave her the chance to enter there and spoil the place. "Okay. I want to do it, besides all my money is spent in my mom's surgery and other work so I want to earn some more." She lied.

End

"Oh my god, you are such a smart lady. Gotta appreciate that." The front man laughed lightly and sipped the last bit of wine. He stood up and walked to the door. Areum stood up too and spoke, "Where are you going?" The front man turned around, "To start another game but with a little twist. Soldiers take her!"

The soldiers barged in all at once with guns pointed at her as she backed away. 2 of them captured Areum and cuffed her hands. "You assholes! What are trying to do! Get away from me!" She trying kicking and escaping them but to no avail. The front man wore his mask and probably went to visit the guests since the game is about to start.

Meanwhile, Jun-Ho now has gotten into the decorated rooms made for the VIPS to watch the games. He examined the whole place before holding a bottle of wine and a glass and heading more into the room. He got near the VIP with a cat mask and offered him the wine. The VIP  accepted it, Jun-Ho went away to stand where all the waiters were standing. "I wonder what happened to Areum... I might get caught...." Jun-Ho thought to himself but it was soon broken off as the front man entered.

"I welcome all the VIPs here! I'm the host of the day! And now you are all going to watch a splendid game but before that a twist! Soldiers bring her in." The front man announced and ordered the last part into his walkie talkie.

_____________________________

Well well, seems like Areum hasn't died but doesn't seem like she is safe either. Wait till the next chapter to find out the twist! Hope you enjoyed ^_^

-Author 😁