Chapter 7: Is It Adrenaline or Love?

"You look like someone who is used to this."

[Name] could feel her heart pounding loudly against her chest as she stared at him with unblinking, innocent wide eyes. She won't lie and say that this man isn't attractive. In fact, he really is attractive, making her want to draw him again and again and again.

Now that she look closely at him, she could see his eyes behind those thick glasses of his. His sclera are covered in black with the color white as his iris and pupil. Instead of intimidated by them, she found them facinating. She never thought that human could have a black sclera instead of white until-

Wait.

'Mattemattemattematte-'

She's not supposed to think about this! He literally just assumed that she fight for a living. He knew something about her, well, or so he thought he knew about her. His guess is almost too close to home, she almost let her eyes widen in shock but quickly collected herself. If he knew something about her, she just need to make him think that he thought he knew something, right?

So, she did just that. She tilted her head to the side, acting innocent to lure him into thinking that his assumption is wrong. And it seems like it's working, seeing the hesitant look on his face. "Ah? Am I wrong?"

"Or is it just a trick of yours to lure me into thinking that I was wrong?" Alright, two can play this game. They kept staring at each other's eyes as Gun try to find any emotions in her eyes, but he finds none. He almost think that his assumption is wrong. Keyword, almost.

Their staring contest is interrupted by two familiar voices talking at the same time. "Hey, glasses."

"What do you think you're doing?" / "Hand off of her."

Gun let go of the girl's chin as everyone snap their head towards the source of the voices. There stood Vasco and Yama side by side. Yama just left [Name] for 15 minutes and she already get into trouble, great. He knew something is wrong when he come back from buying food for them both and saw her nowhere to be seen.

"I saw everything, you punk." Vasco declares. Yama give him a quick side-glance because he's sure Vasco only saw the glasses man lift [Name]'s chin and Daniel's state then put two and two together.

Gun raised an eyebrow at their sudden appearance as he pockets his hands. "Who are you? Her friend?"

"Yeah, her friend, and his friend as well." Vasco replied, bobbing his head towards the male on the ground. Daniel is... surprised, to say the least.

"C'mere, [Name]." Yama held his hand out towards her, gesturing her to come at him. He seems to be doing that a lot everytime she got into a trouble or some creeps are cornering her, not sure which one for this time though. Both, she guess.

Before she could take a step towards him, Gun stop her walking any further away. "She could stay here." He then gently pushed her behind him, to Crystal's direction. They make eye contact for a few seconds before Crystal broke it. She just noticed that the shorter girl is kinda cute.. But she can't judge her by her looks, she can have a shitty personality if she didn't know any better.

Yama isn't pleased at all, the audacity of this stranger to tell her what to do. He's annoyed but stay silent, not wanting to make the situation even bigger than it already is. But it seems like the male beside him had a different idea.

"Hey.. don't mess with them or you mess with me." Vasco places his chocolate milks on the ground and start walking closer to Gun, rolling his shoulder. Before he could take another step closer, Gun punch him in the face. The contact is making a loud sound that make Yama winced. Crystal, Daniel and [Name] jumped in surprised, the two latter are concerned for their friend's safety.