Privacy is never a thing here. Everyone almost know each other in this town.

"At least I know it's you out there protecting us", Chaeyoung says with a genuine smile and you give a slow nod.

But in truth, not that you were ever tell her that, you just joined the police force because you had a pretty rebellious youth due to the reasons, your mom never gives you attention and often you find what you wanted to the company of the people in the bad side of the law.

The trouble of it came back to bite you when you were faced with the choice of going to prison or joining the force in order to fix your attitude.

You chose the police, and it's worked out pretty well, surprisingly because of the authority it gives you. The worst crimes you've had to deal with are only vandalism and graffiti.

Well, there was that time a japanese boy named Niki knocked his tennis ball through an old bitter man's window, but that was all an accident.

It's probably better that someone like you is solving this murder, and not someone with a weaker stomach.

You grab up your goods, coming out of my thoughts. "Thanks for this, Unnie"

With a grateful nod, you take your leave the shop and attempt to traverse my your way over the cobblestone once again. Just as you're about to sip your drink when your phone buzzes from the front seat with Soobin's name highlighted on the screen.

With a sigh, you put down your things, start the engine, and make your way over a couple of blocks to the police station.

"Good morning, Seungmin", you greet as you push open the heavy glass door, pleased to be back in the familiar setting of the station.

It was once a factory, but the insides have been completely refurbished into a bright, modern work area. The walls are mostly made of large windows, and the work stations are efficient but open.

The young officer, seated behind the grey, faux-marble front desk of the station, scrambles to shove his cell phone into his pocket. Instead, he only manages to drop it on the floor. The two of you both stare at the item as it spins on its back before slowing to a stop.

Seungmin shifts his wide-eyed gaze to you, and this made you realised as always work had been far from his mind while you'd been out. You purse your lips in thought, suddenly presented with how to deal with the mayor's son now that you're the one in charge of the station.

"Really?", you ask, putting on your best disappointed voice. The young man turns away with a pout. You bend down and retrieve the phone, slipping it into your jacket pocket, "I need to be able to know you have the station covered while I'm out, Seongmin"

"I know," he says, like a child being chastised, which I realise he sort of is, "I'm sorry, Detective."

"I'll keep it safe until the end of the day", you said with a frown.

He doesn't argue, only slumps back into his chair with a heavy sigh. His long bangs cover his puppy-dog expression, the black hair accentuating his pale skin.

You shake your head with him and begin moving towards the pathologist's lab. As you push open the doors to the staircase that leads down to the basement lab, you wonder if how you dealt with Seongmin was the right move.