𝑻𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝑫𝒐 𝑼𝒔 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕

It was a windy day. Lonky watched as the beautiful shades of orange and yellow fell to the ground. It's been a while he hasn't met Kuga. He bought a bouquet of flowers for him. Pink camelias, blue forget-me-nots, white orchids and carnations all tied up, neatly wrapped in baby blue paper. He sat down on the bench next to him. He took a deep breath, there was no going back.

"She's everything I've ever wanted, Kuga."

"She's beautiful, kind, surprisingly humble, super talented. Every time she smiles it's like I've been blessed by the gods above. I think... she's even... in love with me. Or maybe I'm just being overconfident again." The smile on his face was bittersweet.

"Can you imagine that? Someone who's basically an angel from heaven, loving me? It's ridiculous." He looked up at the sky. There was no blue in sight.

"My parents did a great job at finding a partner, but do you know why I don't want to marry her?" he crossed his arms, it was colder than he had anticipated.

"It's because... I can't stop thinking about you. At night, it's not her I dream about. It's you."

"It's silly, really. I know that even if I marry the perfect girl and have children together, even if I finally manage to become king, even if I live the life my parents have always wanted me to, none of it would've mattered to me. None of it would've mattered without you."

"My heart will always have a hole that no one else can fill. She doesn't deserve to be with somebody who longs for someone else. I truly don't deserve her, she's too good for me."

"I'd throw away this seemingly perfect future, just to be with you."

"Because I'm in love with you, Kuga."

"And I'm sorry it took me four years to realise that. I'm sorry that I'm a coward." he slumped into the bench, staring at the clouds.

"I love you, I always will."

He put down the bouquet of flowers on the stone slab.

"Well, I've got to go. A groom can't be late to his own wedding, can he?" A light chuckle escaped his lips.

"Wish me luck."

He walked out of the cemetery, his every step crunching up the dried leaves. He pulled out his phone and called a cab.

The church organs played a regal tune. The large room was fully decorated with white and a glamourous shade of dark blue.

"You may now kiss the bride." The officiant stated, closing his book.

With that, he pulled her close, and gave her a peck on the lips. Her smile was so bright it was almost blinding.

The crowd cheered with joy.

He saw as his parents applauded, an approving look on their faces. And yet, deep inside, this wasn't what he wanted.

Never had he felt so alone in a room full of people.

Never had he felt so miserable on what was supposed to be the happiest day of his life.

He was sure of one thing; fate was cruel.

And his fate was to marry a woman he couldn't love.

Perhaps if he was there that night, he would be exchanging vows with someone else.

Maybe that night, he should've died instead.

But regret wouldn't change a thing.

"Papa, who's this next to you?"

"Oh, him?" He eyed the photograph handed to him.

"He's an old friend of mine."

--
Well great, now I want to write them actually getting married.

Have this first attempt of me writing angst.

Anyway go follow me if you want updates i'll post messages from time to time