Chapter 9

5

You groan as your eyes try to adjust to the blinding light coming through the window. You check the time on your alarm, 10:45 am, not as late as you thought. You roll onto your side to avoid the sun, and see a purple shirt hanging on the back of your door, you smile to yourself as you remember what happened. Suddenly, your smile is replaced with horror. Bruce. Bruce was in your room last night. Not just room he was in your bed. What were you thinking. You practically jump off the bed and quickly pull on whatever clothes you can find, ending up in an odd combination. You're determined to talk to Bruce. As you go to quickly brush your hair, you see a neatly folded piece of paper laying on your dressing table, the same type of paper that had been left on Bucky's motorbike. Bruce. You hesitantly open it, it reads:

'Hi y/n, I'm sorry I couldn't be there this morning, I had to rush to the lab. If you need anything, I'll be in there, also you can keep the shirt, I got changed in your bathroom and I thought it would look odd if I left your room carrying all my clothes. 

See you later, Bruce xx'

You sigh a sigh of relief. He's the sweetest man ever. 

You decide not to disturb him whilst he's working and you head down to the kitchen. You manage to get changed back into some normal clothes before you embarrass yourself in front of everyone. You're still uneasy on your feet, but luckily Bucky and Loki greet and help you when you get out the lift, they're suspiciously quiet and it concerns you.

"Good morning you two." you try to sound as innocent as possible as you start to make yourself breakfast, you are innocent, nothing has happened between you and Bruce and they're stupid if they believe it has. Despite this, Loki smirks at you, so you turn to look at Bucky who's trying desperately to hold back a grin. 

"What is wrong with you two, you're like primary school children."

"We just want to know what's been going on with you recently," Loki replies, "Especially about what happened last night"

"Nothing happened Loki, don't get your hopes up."

"Come on y/n," Bucky speaks up, "He even left his shirt in your room."

"And how do you know that?"

"We saw him sneaking off this morning so we came to check up on you, you know like the good friends we are."

"Well I'll have you know, he only stayed in my room because I'm ill and he was looking after me, and his shirt was in there because he left it for me. Nothing has happened between me and Bruce."

You hear a quiet voice in the corner off the room, 

"I didn't know you liked Bruce," Peter walks up to you and you sigh, 

"I don't Pete, we're just friends, but these idiots don't seem to get that."

"Oh, well bye miss y/l/n, I'm off to school." you say goodbye before taking your toast and attempting to leave the kitchen. Bucky steps in front of you and cuts off the access to the lift. 

"I have one more question," he says, "When are you gonna tell him."

"Tell him what?" you try to sound genuinely confused. 

You look into his eyes, they look sad now, he looks genuinely upset for you. He knows, you can tell.

"I'm sorry Bucky, but I don't know what you're talking about." you say softly, before leaving and going to your room. You sit there for what seems like hours, warm tears running down your soft face, you feel numb, how are you supposed to tell him, you wouldn't be able to handle it. He probably wouldn't be able to handle it. After you've been sitting in silence for a while, you hear a quiet knocking on your door. You wipe away the tears and tell them to come in. Bruce's head pops around the door, his warm smile greeting you. After seeing your state, he walks in slowly and takes a seat next to you on your bed. He pulls you into a warm hug, his strong arms wrapped around you, but not too tightly. A perfect hug from the most perfect man. You want to stay in his arms forever, you want him to never let you go. He's got to let you go, nobody can stay like that forever. You wish that you could.

"Do you want to talk?" His voice is muffled as he talks into your shoulder.

"I'm scared Bruce," your voice doing the same.

"Why are you scared?" he asks.

"I'm gonna miss you, I really am."

"What are you talking about, you're not going anywhere," it's silent for a few moments, "y/n, what are you talking about?"

"Nothing Bruce, I'm sorry for wasting your time," 

"Don't be sorry, and I really liked talking to you if you want to do it again I'm here. Also, has anyone ever told you how good of a hugger you are?"

"I don't think so," you laugh, you're going to miss all of this. Bruce stands up to leave, 

"See you later y/n, and don't cry without me again." He leaves your room and you stay sat down for a while before walking towards the window and looking out. Frost is starting to cover the window and leaves are frozen onto trees, it all looks so peaceful.

With everything that's been going on, you haven't realised that it's almost Christmas. The big trees and the colourful lights used to interest you, but now they seem like a waste of time. That being said, you never had anyone to spend your Christmas with, so in your eyes it was pointless celebrating. Tony on the other hand, has to have the best Christmas parties in the world. All the biggest CEO's and world leaders are invited, and Tony manages to get almost all of them tipsy, quite a talent. Even Bruce seems to be looking forward to this Christmas, you're happy for him, less work, less pressure from Tony, he should be able to relax and have fun. You decided not to buy an outfit, it's not like you're going to get to wear it. 

You have to tell him.

You have to tell Bruce.