I was planning on getting breakfast. I had it in mind to look up a cute place that served breakfast, but I wasn't in the mood to see other people.

So I ordered breakfast.

You can't just stay in your dorm the whole time.

For a second, I debate calling mom or dad to ask them to come to pick me up. But I decide against it.

I already picked my outfit for tomorrow. Nothing that stands out but nothing too boring either.

I then went through my books and put the books in my bag that I'll need for tomorrow. After preparing my bag, I took out the books I brought from home and set them up on a shelf. I only brought my favorite reads.

Then my sister Aurora called, asking how I'm settling down and if everything is alright.

I called with her for hours on end. Now that she's almost graduating herself, she has more time to call and check up on me.

And my one-year-old little nephews never fails to make me smile. Aurora has a hard time juggling both her classes and the mom-life, but her husband helps her plenty with everything.

As soon as I end the call with my sister, I call my best friend.

Violet picks up, and then her face appears on the screen. Streaks of blue hair meet my eyes, and I smile at the color of the month.

"Hey you," she grins as soon as she sees me. "Hey," I sigh and place my phone on my desk. "How's the college life?" she asks, knowing well that I've only been here for a day.

"As good as it can get. I'd give you a tour of my dorm, but I want you to see it for yourself when you visit me next weekend."

"Good, I want to see it in real life, too," she says and shoves another handful of chips into her mouth.

"What's up?"

"I'm going to a party tonight," I inform her and roll my eyes when her eyebrows shoot up in the air. "Oh?"

"Yes, and I need help choosing an outfit. Do I wear something casual? Or do I put effort into my looks?"

"A bit of effort but not too much."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just... wear a skirt with an oversized sweater or something. Or a pair of jeans with a top. Nothing that makes you seem lazy but also nothing that makes it appear as if you've put too much effort into it."

"Hmm, I see," I murmur as I eye my closet.

"Who are you going with? You're not exactly the type the go out by yourself."

"I know," I chuckle, "and the girl who lives across from me asked me to join her."

"That's sweet of her! Hopefully, she'll make a good friend."

"I hope so too," I murmur as I look through my clothes. I don't want any creeps to put their hands on my bare thighs, but they might do the same thing when I'm wearing jeans.

Shaking my head, I settle on a skirt with a sweater, not wanting to wear too much. I add some simple jewelry.

I decide to let my straight hair fall over my back, not planning on doing anything special with it.

"How is it?" I ask and show Vi my outfit. She looks over it and nods in approval. "Perfect. Now enjoy."

"You're so dry sometimes," I mutter and spritz some perfume on.

"I'm just enjoying my food and the last day before classes begin. Are you nervous?"

"I don't think I've ever been more nervous," I murmur, "and you?"