Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Secrets

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Thoughts: 'Thoughts'

Speaking: "Speaking"

Chapter 5: Secrets

"Naruto-san, let us begin your training," Konan said as she sat up from her seated position wrapping her arm in a bandage. Somehow, she felt a smidge happier from their little heart to heart moment.

"Oh yeah!" Naruto shouted giddily, "That's what I was gonna ask you today."

Konan questioned the blonde, befuddled, "Ask what?"

"Well, before I found you, I wanted to find someone to help me with the Rinnegan. Then I thought after a minute and realized you were the only person that was even remotely close to knowing anything about it. But after all of those things that happened today, I sort of forgot," He replied rubbing the back of his head wryly.

"Yes, well, we are here now and we don't have much time to waste," Konan replied in a matter of fact tone, "Madara far surpasses your strength and even my own, but we are about to change that," She then finished wrapping her arm and started walking towards the door. The blonde only stared at her, his gaze deep in space signifying that he was in thought, "Naruto-san, Madara is nothing but pure darkness. You, on the other hand, are the child of prophecy. It is said that you will triumph victoriously and make things right in this world gone awry."

She then turned to face him in a serious facade, "By the time we are done with your training, he will never get his hands on you. I can guarantee it."

That response actually lightened his mood a little. A small grin etched across his face as he thought about that aspect. He was actually going to be taught how to use the Rinnegan. It sort of felt strange to him now that he thought about it. He has a Kekkei Genkai. A special eye that her friend once had. Now that friend is no more which makes Naruto the new heir to the special power he now possesses.

"Okay, Konan-chan... I-I'm ready," Naruto replied cheerily.

The blue haired woman looked at him and her features dropped into a frown, "Don't call me that."

"Huh?" He asked a little confused.

"You are never to put "chan" at the end of my name. Understand?" She told him in an angry voice, "Just because we have to train together for your benefit, that doeds not mean that we are best friends."

"B-But I thought-"

"Well, you thought wrong," She replied with no hesitation, "Now let's get going. We do not have much time," She then proceeded out of the door in sort of a hurry.

Naruto tried to think as he couldn't figure out what just happened, 'What is wrong with her? One minute we're friendly, the next, she is staring daggers at me. I... I don't get it.'

He concentrated for another second or so before he concluded that it would come to him sooner or later. Naruto then followed behind Konan to begin his very first training lesson of the Rinnegan.

"Another day as the Hokage unfurls," Tsunade replied out in the open at her office desk, "It never ceases to amaze me."

Tsunade was very annoyed as of late. She had just gotten out of a coma and the work already piled itself to the ceiling as if it was trying to get her mad on purpose. She had to deal with the unexpected arrival of a former Akatsuki member which was proving to be more trouble than it was actually worth, but could potentially work into a huge advantage if handled correctly. She had to go through council just to even instate Konan as a Leaf ninja. But if the blue haired woman was willing to help Naruto in any way she could and Naruto felt it best, then there didn't seem to be any reason why she shouldn't do this for her, even if the Hokage didn't want to.