ELEVEN

He really did not know or understand why at this moment he was driving to the village, she had forced him, she said she missed her family and wanted to see them, he had countered  one of his many promises about never setting foot in the village again, he wasn't close to his father and his mother was dead and his only sister was living in another state with her family.

He glanced at her resting her head with her eyes on the road, they had settled down from the whole Jessica drama but no one can read a person's mind, he prayed that she wasn't going to leave him by abandoning him, for all he knew, she could call of the marriage at the village in the presence of her father and those old men, bit somewhere inside he knew she loved him to much to actually let him go and the thought made him smile.

It was very late when they arrived at his home, his father's house was a stone throw away, most people would be asleep by now, he didn't want to wake them up now, they would wait until it was morning,

As she got down from the car, she breathed in her home town air that she had missed for two years, she smiled watching the moon shinning brightly in the dark sky, she felt the cold breeze graze her skin, it felt like a long time, she felt a body behind her and hands wrapped around her.

"Let's go inside it is cold out here" his said,

She nodded,

While inside the warmer house. He had gone to warm the food they had brought, after eating they went to the room,

She remembered this room, when they first got married, she had spent the night in this room with him,she was so scared that night but not now, he dusted the bed and arranged it.

"We will manage to sleep here for now, in the morning someone will help clean everywhere" he said.

"Okay".

They laid down, the cold breeze blowing past and around them, she covered her self well and hugged his body, he hugged her back, she pecked his lips, he did his too, she kissed him, he kissed her back,

"Hmm aren't you tired from the journey?" He asked smiling.

"No what about you?"

"I don't know"

She pushed on his shirt,

"What are you doing?" He asked,

"What do you think that I'm doing" she asked completely removing his shirt,

"Baby you are getting me naked, it is cold in here you know? He teased her, she removed her top.

"Just hug me tight"

"Just hugging?"

"Ehen why do you think I removed our clothes, it's cold and we need warmth from our body" she replied.

He frowned but still hugged her,

"Now why are you upset?" she asked.

"Nothing" he pouted,

"I was joking gosh, come on" she laughed kissing him.

" I knew"

"Liar, you were about to cry" she teased him. They laughed.

************

"Why didn't you inform is that you were coming, when did you arrive? Mazi Oodo asked, he is Ikem's father,

"It was im............."

We even talked few weeks ago and you didn't see it fit to tell me" the older man rambled on.

"Papa we just came in yesterday" Ikem said.

"And why didn't you come over here" his father asked.