After a few hours, Chad had finally accepted the fact that Peyton may break up with him by the end of the day. He sighed thinking about it as he handed the barista the cash he owed by him just buying a coffee. He was walking along the border with Ashely and Rachel. He was mostly trailing behind because he was lost in his thoughts.

That's when it hit him, the idea of getting away from Tree Hill for a little while. He rushed over to the girls, startling them from behind.

"You know what we need?" Chad spoke.

Ashely quickly placed her hand to her heart, "Oh my gosh, you scared the shit out of me."

Chad ignored her, "A vacation. From here, Arizona."

Rachel nodded listening, "We could go to my family's cabin. Can't remember the last time they actually used it."

"A lot of memories there." Ashely chimed in.

"Not good ones." Chad reminded them as if they forgot what really happened those couple of nights.

The conversation soon fell silent amongst the three and it was an awkward silence. Ashely still felt bad of what happened that morning with Peyton but knowing Chad, he doesn't always like to talk about about his relationships' problems, so she kept quiet about it.

The three of them continued to walk along the bridge and soon found themselves at the record store. They went through aisles looking around, enjoying themselves. That was until for Chad, he had gotten a phone call from Nathan. He walked out the store, bringing the phone up to his ear.

"Hey, nate. What's up?" He sounded as if Nathan calling him was weird.

"I need someone to watch Jamie tonight. It's date night with Haley." Nathan started.

"Yeah, sure. Just text me the time." Chad paused for a second, "How's married life? I mean, weren't you scared to get married?"

Nathan replied with a chuckle, "No, not really. I just knew Haley was the one even though I was so young. Why?"

"Nothing, nothing. Just a question. See you tonight." Chad quickly hung up and then let out a sigh.

Chad stood there for a second all lost in his thoughts again. He was thinking hard and clearly about his now problem he has with Peyton. He was thinking of a way he could maybe make this better or if it was possible to move pass this.

As he thought about his relationship, Ashely being the sister that she is— made her way out the small shop to her brother.

"Everything ok?" She ask, approaching him from behind.

He immediately turned to face her, "How would you and Rachel like to babysit Jamie tonight?"

• • •

Rachel and Ashely soon arrived to the James-Scott household. They both got out the car and headed to the front door. Ashely pressed the doorbell and soon after Haley answered.

"Chad couldn't make it so he asked us." Ashely explained with a smile.

Haley let them in and explained everything that deals with Jamie. You know like his bedtime, rules, etc. For their first time babysitting, the blonde and redhead were quite excited but maybe the blonde was a little bit more.

After about twenty minutes, Nathan and Haley soon said their goodbyes and left their son with aunt Ashely and Rachel. Jamie ran up to his room to go draw while Rachel and Ashely went to the kitchen to get started on dinner.

Ashely turned on the stove as a pan with mixed vegetables rested in it. She soon picked up a wooden spoon and started to stir them while Rachel finished preparing the table for them.

"He's such a sweet kid." Ashely mentioned as she continued to stir. There was no reply from her wife. Kids was kind of a swore subject for Rachel. Nothing bad, she just doesn't know if she wants any and Ashely doesn't know that yet. Ashely continued, "I want one."

"Why?" Rachel abruptly turned around in Ashely's direction.

Ashely cut the stove off and faced her, "What do you mean why? Don't you want a little us running around?"

Rachel deeply sighed, "Not really." She paused for moment before continuing, "I don't want to talk about this anymore.

"Rachel—" Ashely began.

"No." Rachel was quite stern in her tone as she slightly raised her voice. She quickly left the kitchen to get Jamie for dinner and leaving ashely quite hurt but also angry.

 She quickly left the kitchen to get Jamie for dinner and leaving ashely quite hurt but also angry

a/n:
THE DRAMA 🎭