"That was actually so much fun, aside from your terrible steering," I said as I unlocked the door to the cabin.

"Uh excuse me, I'll have you know that the oar was broken,"

We spent most of the morning out on the water until we felt specks of rain, deciding it was probably best to head back before the heavens opened. As luck would have it, it did the moment we arrived on the porch.

Harry had been acting strange the entire walk home, I could tell something was on his mind but I was too afraid to ask for fear of putting a real damper on the day. So instead, I would make pointless conversation to try and lighten his mood.

I was sat on the couch, aimlessly scrolling through my phone and replying to the odd text from Liv before Harry grabbed my attention, "I want to take you to dinner tonight, so be ready for seven?" He said, though it came out more like a question.

I smiled and nodded, "Okay,"

There was still plenty of time between now and then, so I curled up in a ball on the sofa and tried to have a nap, kayaking was surprisingly tiring. I expected Harry to join me, but he continued to pace the cabin, looking slightly frantic.

The blare of my alarm woke me suddenly, nearly making me roll off of the sofa since I had forgotten my position in my slumber. My phone read 17:30 so I decided to take a shower and start getting ready. I realised that I hadn't packed my own bag, so I hoped that Harry had chosen something nice.

Harry was nowhere to be seen, but as I entered the bedroom I spotted a dress lying on the bed. It was the one I had bought with Liv, it was beautiful but I was yet to find the confidence to wear it; I guess tonight was the night. I called out for Harry with no answer, furrowing my brows, I shrugged and proceeded to get ready.

At quarter to seven I was ready, sat on the edge of the bed, slightly worried since Harry was still yet to return. I bounced my heel covered foot anxiously as one leg rested over the other, locking and unlocking my phone pointlessly. A knock at the door tore me out of my daze, bringing me to my feet.

I walked to the front door, reaching for the handle and opening it slowly. I gasped quietly as I was met with a huge bunch of flowers covering my admirer's face. "For me?" I asked, knowingly.

Harry's face emerged from the side of the bouquet and he smiled softly, "For you,"

I gratefully accepted and walked them back into the cabin, I was only now noticing his attire, white shirt and dark grey dress trousers. Harry hated dressing up, for any occasion, so to see him like this made my heart swell.

"Thank you. You look very handsome," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a short kiss.

"And you look beautiful, as always,"

Harry lead us to the car and I wondered where he was taking us since we hadn't wandered any further than the lake since our arrival. Pulling out of the drive, his hand came to rest comfortably on my thigh as he drove, making me blush.

We walked along the pavement, hand in hand as we approached the restaurant. My eyes widened slightly as I recognised the name, this place was very expensive. "Harry," I sighed, "You didn't have to-"

"I don't wanna hear it," He said firmly, but smiled sweetly afterwards, guiding me inside.

The service was second to none, the waitress coming back to top our glasses of wine up, some may say a little too frequently. I paced myself, wanting to remember this evening. Harry had perked up as we made small talk between our meals, but I noticed his slight fidgeting when we fell silent. I reached and grabbed his hand softly, brushing my thumb soothingly over the top, his eyes meeting mine at the contact, he smiled.

I daren't fight him on the bill as it came toward us, Harry sending me a knowing look before I could even open my mouth. Thanking him a hundred times, he smiled and reached for my coat, sliding it over my shoulders before leading us out into the cool evening.

The drive home was quiet but comfortable. To be honest, I was on the verge of a food coma. I glanced over to Harry every so often, his eyes concentrating on the dark roads. The crunching of gravel under the tires indicated that we were pulling up to the cabin once more.

Unlocking the door, we stepped inside and I sighed happily, grateful for the warmth of the fire embracing us. I shrugged my jacket off and set it on the back of one of the bar stools, Harry doing the same.

"Wine?" I asked, he nodded.

We'd been sat on the sofa for a while, Harry seeming very absent. I sat up straighter, setting my wine glass down on the coffee table. He glanced over to me as I placed a hand on his thigh, "Are you okay?"

He nodded, setting his glass down too. "Yeah, I uh, I just have something to say,"

My stomach dropped at his words, I didn't know why I had this sudden gut feeling, but it didn't feel good. "Okay?" I trailed off, my hand slowly retreating.

Harry turned to me, smiling softly which reassured me ever so slightly.

"I've been trying to find the right time to say this but there never really is and to be honest it's never going to be right coming from me anyway, you know I'm so bad with words an-"

"Just breathe," I soothed, "Slow down, I'm not going anywhere,"

"Okay," He exhaled, taking my hand in his, "What I'm trying to say is, I really like you, Elle. I love spending time with you, you just make me better," He paused, "God I'm such a soppy twat."

I giggled as he broke the sentimental moment, though my heart was still racing.

"I've been trying to find the right time for this," I could feel his palm sweating, "But I want to make this official, with you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart stopped, swelled and burst all in one. It all made sense now, the intended breakfast in bed, the day out, his strange mood, the romantic dinner. Hell, the entire weekend. Harry watched my expression closely, scanning my face for any sort of answer. He looked nervous and I was stunned. 

Finally digesting his words, I was unable to fight the grin on my face. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, kissing him with everything I had.

His startled hands found the small of my back and held me closer as we kissed for what felt like forever, my body was on fire and my heart was full. Pulling away slowly and resting my forehead against his, Harry's blue eyes looked intently into mine, "So..."

"Yes, you soppy twat. I will."