Chapter Two: The death of Regulus

January 1979
-
Regulus was sat in his chair with his sweet Archer resting peacefully in his arms. He looked at his son with pure adoration. Archer was all Regulus had left since the death of his Wife Charlotte. Of course he had his Cousin Andromeda and her family, but he spent every minute with Archer, and his son was his whole entire world.

Regulus' heart broke when he saw that his wife had died. He cried himself and Archer to sleep every night for 2 months. Sometimes he still cries over Charlotte's death, but now he mostly invests his whole time into caring for and loving his son.

It was hard for Regulus being a single father at seventeen, but his love for his son was what made him be the best father he could ever be. He was so glad that he did not turn out like his disgusting parents. That was something he promised himself he would never ever do. Archer would have a much better life than Regulus he was going to make sure of that.

Archer awoke with a small sigh. His bright, hazel eyes fluttered open and he looked right at his father with a smile.

"Hello my sweet boy, did you enjoy your nap?"

Regulus asked with a bright smile on his face. Regulus always had the brightest smile around his son.

Of course Archer could not speak yet so he just happily squealed at his father.

"Shall we go for walk in the park Arch?"

Regulus said whilst he put the freckled face baby down on his blanket for a second. Regulus then picked up the baby carrier and attached it to himself. After that he picked his baby boy back up and put him in the golden snitch patterned baby carrier.
-
There was a cold harsh wind in the air, Regulus was glad that he wrapped himself and Archer in many layers and a warm winter coat.
A gentle snow began to fall and Regulus left footprints behind him as he walked to the small park.
As he walked into the park he spotted a young man with messy dark hair. His back was facing away from Regulus but he guessed that this man wasn't much older than himself. The man was holding a baby girl who had a head full of ginger hair. The baby looked around Archer's age, but she was perhaps just a few months younger than him.

Archer began to stir in Regulus' arms and Regulus cooed at him trying to calm his sweet, little one down.
It was at that moment that the mystery man turned around to look at Regulus and his son.

The man was known to be James Potter. Regulus did not notice that James had turned around. As he was too preoccupied with his son. Archer had calmed down now and he squealed in delight as Regulus kissed his sons' chubby cheeks.

James was in shock there stood Sirius' "death-eater" brother cuddling and kissing a baby boy who looked just like Regulus. Sirius had told James that Regulus was just like his parents and did anything that they told him to do. But looking at the young boy now James believed that Sirius was mistaken.

" Regulus? Is that really you?"
James asked the Slytherin boy.

Regulus looked up at hearing his name being called, and when he saw that it was the handsome James Potter his face paled.

Both boys stared at each other for a few moments in total shock.

Regulus then decided it was probably best to go home now. It was getting too cold. Sirius had made it perfectly clear, that he wanted to nothing to do with his younger brother. So he turned away from James without a word and began to walk off home.

"REGULUS WAIT A MINUTE PLEASE!"
James shouted out to Regulus.

Regulus turned around one last time however
he did not say a word. Regulus carried on walking, and he left James in the bitter cold snow.
-
Potter Manor
"Here we are my little Mia, home sweet home."