11

Last chapter yall.  This definitely was a short story lol.  

***

Luc and I stood at the edge of the Island, watching the waves crash against the rocks.  It was a soothing sound, one I could possibly fall asleep to.

Perhaps if it was the right night, and I was in the right person's arms.

"Did you know all along?" I asked, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.  Hand in hand we watched the waves, waiting for the other person to make the first move.

"I think so."  He said.  "I knew when you could talk to me."

When the realization hit, it was a weight lifted off my shoulders, yet I still felt like I had been punched in the stomach.  I knew why my sisters hadn't spoken to me in seven years.  I knew why I had forgotten them.  The cold weather in the summer, the mysterious notes from Hattie's former letter.  It was all happening because I was dead.

I had died seven years ago.

The accident of being hit by one of the horses, and my head was stomped on was my trauma.  Enough so to make me die.

I had just not found peace yet, instead, I'd lingered so long that the effects of the in-between had begun to set it.  They'd begun quite a while ago.

Now I was ready.  I was ready to see my Mama, who had died just yesterday, and stopped by to tell me how to make it home to her.  I was ready to go with Luc, who had waited on me.  Annaleigh and her lover were already there.  I was ready to make an apology for assuming with her.

I was ready to let the tide roll out, and the stars sweep me away.

I squeezed Luc's hand, fully prepared not to say anything.

But of course, he wanted to.  "I heard you calling."

A silence settled over us, so he continued.  "Through your paintings, I think.  I heard somebody that was lost, and they needed to be found."

"You found me, Luc.  You found me."  I turned to him beaming, but instead of more words, I was met with lips pressed against mine.

The kiss was soft, filled with all the gratitude and simple love we had towards each other.  It filled me up in all the ways I needed it.  My stomach writhed but in the best way.  Our lips moved against each other before he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"Will you come with me?" He asked, running a finger down my arm.

I cupped his cheek.  "Only if you will have me."

We left, letting the tides pull us out.  We left but weren't forgotten.  Luc still had his cloak hanging on a hook at my home.  I had my art, and my sisters to bring my stories to life.  It was our time though.

He had been looking for me all along, and even though we took different paths we were letting the ocean guide us to the same destination.

To peace.

Well, guys

Well, guys.  I finished! It wasn't where I at first envisioned I would be finished, but I'm ok with it! Now I doubt anyone is reading this, and it definitely needs some revision but I'm pretty proud I finished an eleven-chapter story.  These chapters are going to be edited right now and they will definitely be longer.

If you're reading this please tell a friend about it if you liked it! I would really appreciate the support.

(Read to the next page for info about the next full book coming up)

Thank you all -Ellie

This piece is completely written by me. If there are any references to any characters, places, or themes, it is purely coincidental. This novel is exclusively on Wattpad so if you notice it anywhere other than here, it has been illegally stolen. Please notify the author right away if this happens.