And of course, Lilian is very proud of her two charges.

"It's okay princess," she hums, patting the sniffling babe before setting her down beside her brother. Warmth filled the caretaker as Prince Adrastos easily took his sister's equally small hand, and the princess immediately ceased her crying, instead, sniffling with pitiful puppy eyes that shook the maid's heart. 'Ah, I should have placed her beside her brother sooner. Twins surely are different.'

"See, princess?" She cooed, gently wiping the princess' cheeks, "both your brother and I are here for you"

Prince Adrastos gave his sister a gummy smile and Lilian felt her heart swell once more. When she had first arrived, the prince and princess were separated into two different rooms. Lilian's heart broke when she first met the young prince.

The memory is still vivid within her mind.

It was late at night when Lilian moved in the Ruby Palace. Deciding to take a glance and analyze the conditions of the babes, Lilian first slipped in the princess' room to find the young babe comfortably asleep. When she arrived in the prince's room next, she was surprised to meet jeweled blue eyes.

Lilian swore that some sort of emotions passed through those eyes before it fell on curiosity. Gently lifting the boy, the maid froze when she noticed the tear stains on those chubby cheeks. Frowning, gentle and warm fingers wiped the prince's cheeks, before hugging him close to her bosom, swearing to herself to bring the twins together the soonest she could.

Unlike the prince, the princess was more emotionally expressive— she wasn't one to shed tears, but she would readily express her emotions in wide actions. The young royal also seemed to be fond of shiny materials.

Meanwhile, except for that adorable gummy smile that he only shows to his sister, Prince Adrastos would rather stare quietly, only making small noises to gather Lilian (and somehow only her, as he tends to ignore the other maids) to do his whims. Often enough, Lilian had no worries about the prince as he seems to sleep more than his sister.

All in all, her two charges were lovely, adorable, and hers to protect in the place of Lady Diana.

As she prepared the two infants for bed, Lilian silently promises to Lady Diana that no harm would befall these two lovely children, not under her watch. Even if it were against the Emperor, she will not be afraid.

 Even if it were against the Emperor, she will not be afraid

-♕1-

[5 years later]

"Nanny nanny, Athy wants chocolate~!"

The familiar voice roused him from his nap. Opening his eyes, he hissed as sunlight blared down. Groaning in pain, he turn on his side, ears uselessly listening to the conversation that had brought him out of his dreamland.