~Win Lose or Draal~

Start from the beginning

Similarly to the drive there, a tense silence filled the car and Barbara dropped Sadie and Toby off at the front door, the 2 of them going inside their house. Sadie grabbed the Horngauzel and the 2 of them waited for Jim to sneak out of his window before sneaking out the back door and into the yard where they waited for Jim.

"Let's go!" he said, the 3 of them racing to Trollmarket as fast as they could.

When they arrived, they found Blinky and Arrrgh in the troll bar and ran over, showing them the very blurry picture of the bridge.

"Are you certain? Are you unquestionably, unequivocally-"

"I'm certain," Jim said, Arrrgh saying, "Could be anything."

"I concur. Tobias' photographic skills are less than exemplary."

"Okay, it's a little blurry! You try taking a picture while hauling butt, mister!"

"Okay, well, what about the curator? How could a person just change like that?" Jim whispered, Blinky and Arrrgh beginning to speak in Trollish to each other.

"What? What is it?"

"Changeling," Arrrgh said bluntly.

The entire bar fell silent as trolls looked at them, Blinky slamming a hand over Arrrgh's mouth. He then let out a nervous laugh, all of the trolls shrugging and returning to their conversations.

"Not helping," Blinky said, everyone moving closer so that the troll could whisper to them.

"Changelings haven't been talked about in quite some time... Do you mind?"

Blinky glared over his shoulder at a troll, who shrugged and walked off.

"Whatever."

"In the Old World, Gumm-Gumms stole our young and did something unnatural to change them. Their sole purpose: to spy on the world above."

Toby got a curious look and asked, "What did they do to them?"

"Nasty business. Very messy."

"These are the very reasons I doubt your certainty. I don't question you saw a bridge, but Killahead? It would take years to collect all of the stones. Decades, even. You would need an army of changelings," Blinky said, all of them walking towards the exit of the pub.

"I know what I saw."

"These are serious accusations, Master Jim. Without proof, absolute bedlam will ensue."

"Well, we have to tell someone. This is our city, too!" Toby said, Jim frowning and asking, "Who? Our court-appointed psychiatrist? They're never going to believe us."

But, Draal then walked into the bar, a grin forming on his face when he noticed Jim.

"Well, if it isn't the piece of flesh I'll pound into pancakes tomorrow. I look forward to your pain and I'll drink to your death," Draal said, Jim getting a confused and scared look on his face.

"Death? What is he talking about? I thought this was only a rematch."

"To challenge a troll's honor can only end in ruin. It's all right there in chapter three of A Brief Recap- You still haven't read the book."

"Now, hold on. This fight, I don't know, maybe we can, um postpone it?"

"Postpone, you say? What a trainer! Does everyone in your company forget how to fight?

Sadie glared at Draal, Arrrgh growling in anger at this statement.

"There are things that have been brought to our attention. Things that have serious implications-"