88- head over heels

Start from the beginning

"I don't know why you're acting all embarrassed. I know you have sex. I'd be worried if you weren't."

"Luna!" I scold, "Don't. That's weird."

"What, did you think I thought you guys got back together and just hugged it out?"

I feel my face heat up, mortified by my younger sister's teasing. We may share a lot, but boundaries are needed sometimes.

"That better be what you and Jack do." I counter.

"He didn't even kiss me yet. Relax." Luna rolls her eyes.

"Good. Keep it that way."

"That smells so good." I hear Zayn's voice, so I turn around, greeted by a beautiful bouquet of blue hydrangeas.

My heart melts at the gesture. It's one thing to never show up empty handed, but Zayn makes sure that every time he steps through this door, he's bringing me something. Whether that be himself, a coffee machine or flowers, he always goes above and beyond.

"Aww," I take it from him, inhaling the fresh, floral scent before giving him a big hug, "thank you. I love it! And you almost made me forget that you're a half hour late."

He hugs me back with one arm, and uses the other to grab the spatula and flip the omelette for me.

"I timed myself wrong. Sorry, love."

"Look at you two being all domestic." She teases.

"Hi, Luna." He smiles, tending to our breakfast while I pour the orange juice.

"I'm gonna love and leave you guys. I'll call you if Jack pisses me off again."

"What Jack do?" Zayn questions.

"He's just being a dïck head boy."

"Not that language." I hear dad's voice in the background.

"Hi, dad." I greet, but I don't think he hears me.

"What's this about that Jack boy?" He sits down on Luna's bed, oblivious to our presence.

"Dad, here's Aylin and Zayn." She changes the subject.

He looks at the screen, jaw falling to the floor dramatically when he sees Zayn with me.

"Zayn! What are you doing there!?"

I chuckle slightly, surprised by how overjoyed he is. I always knew dad had a soft spot for Zayn after all, but I think he realized that nobody else would ever treat me as well as he does. He wouldn't admit it on a regular day, but he can be unpredictable.

"Number one shipper over here." Luna teases, throwing her arm over dad's shoulder, "You'll come around for Jack too, huh old man?"

He looks her way, "That Jack boy is just your friend. That's what you told me. And who's your old man?"

I suppress my laugh when he starts going off in Turkish about how she's just a kid and something about how Westernized she is for talking to him like that.

I discreetly try to hang up, but he leaves shortly after.

"You have issues!" She whisper yells once he's out of her room, making me laugh since I did the same at her age, but without the whispering part.

"I'll talk to you later, Luna."

"Okay. Bye sis. Bye bro in law." She teases.

I roll my eyes, looking Zayn's way to see his reaction, but he's not paying attention as he adds the other batch of eggs.