ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Woah, everything is back to normal," I hear Hawk note and I realise that the real world has fully returned.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)," someone says behind me before I feel a horrible pressure in my head and my world turns black.

***

This led the wise men of antiquity to call it the Mother of Chaos.

Merlin?

Arthur, you command Chaos. That makes you the King who will lead Britannia to a new world.

I am the one who was wrought from Chaos. The ancients call me the Lady of the Lake but I am also known as the Priestess of Chaos.

The Priestess of Chaos?

So the Supreme Deity and the Demon King worked together to seal Chaos away.

One or the other had to be completely destroyed in order to disrupt the balance.

Hating someone so much you want to kill them but still being able to love them. That's what Humans do.

What the hell is going on right now?

Chaos is the will of power that does not have one physical body. What you see before you is just a provisional form in which the two Gods managed to seal it.

It took up residence within you, Arthur.

Why can't I open my eyes?

I made the promise that I would become a wonderful King and create an incredible world with the likes nobody has ever seen!

Arthur?

"But then what the hell is going on with (Y/n) right now? Why is she acting so...crazy?"

Are you all aware of the promise she made to a little Human girl 3,000 years ago?

"A Human girl? Do you mean Gaia?"

That is the girl I speak of.

"Wait, Gaia? Who is that, Elizabeth?"

"3,000 years ago, (Y/n) and I befriended two Human girls, two sisters, and their names were Gaia and Grace. (Y/n) told me that she made an oath to protect their family line before Gaia was killed by another Goddess and Grace had sealed it with her unknown magical powers."

Indeed, and Arthur here comes directly from Grace's lineage.

"Woah, seriously?"

"Arthur, you were very young but your parents used to tell you stories of a Demon warrior who was alleged as your protector."

Arthur, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.

"And that protector is (Y/n)?"

"Yes. (Y/n) of the Dark Shadows has been protecting your family line for over 3,000 years and Gaia proclaimed that her freedom would only be granted by one of her descendants when the world would be at peace and (Y/n) could finally live a peaceful life."

"Woah and Arthur, you're always the one who's saying that you want to make the world a better place, to make a more peaceful one."

"I do remember making someone a promise about that. Was that really for...(Y/n)?"

"But that still doesn't explain why she's going completely mad."

Because (Y/n) was chosen by Chaos to protect the Human who would become the King of Chaos, she has also been recognised as the vessel for Insanity.