A Night in the Pit

Start from the beginning

As they stalked further on, Thomas noticed that Gally's face was painted with a disgustful look. He knew exactly why he was like this. 

"Hey, what is your problem with us?" he demanded. 

Gally tilted his head towards them with a frown. 

"What did we ever do to you to get you to hate us so much?" Edward asked too. 

"Everything started going wrong the minute you two showed up. First Ben gets stung in daylight, then Alby too. The Maze changes in the daytime. And the girl," They arrived at the pit and Gally glared darkly at Edward. "Everybody saw she recognised you Greenie 2. And I'm betting you know who she is,"

"I don't know who she is," Edward answered back as politely as he could muster so as not to provoke an argument. 

"I don't believe you," Gally answered back, restraining his temper. He opened the door. "In. Now,"

Huffing and puffing, Edward jumped in. Gally was about to close the cage when Thomas stopped him. "You're not put us in separate pits,"

Before Gally could argue with him, Thomas jumped into the pit to join his brother, much to his surprise and enjoyment. At least he wouldn't be alone. Gally closed the door of the Pit and crouched down to fasten the rope around the door to keep it shut. 

As he did, Thomas tried to reach up. "Gally...you know we can't stay here forever,"

Gally didn't answer or even look at him.

"Are you seriously saying you'd rather be stuck here for the rest of your life rather than have a life of freedom out the Maze?" Edward demanded an answer. 

Gally just have a dark look at them again before he stalked away leaving them in the dark. 

Edward huffed at his rudeness. "I can't stand him anymore," he muttered. 

"Nor can I Ed," Thomas sad. "Come on. We should try and rest,"

They sat against the wall together right next to each other.

"Thanks for coming in the same pit as me," Edward said. 

"Of course I would. You'd think I'd sleep in another pit unable to see you?" Thomas jokingly answered. 

Edward chuckled a bit but Thomas noticed a strange look was forming on his face. "You okay?"

"I can't help but think Gally's right Tom. All this started happening the moment we arrived,"

"He's just thinking of an excuse to hate us,"

"It doesn't deny all the recent events that have been happening. In my dream, Teresa said that 'Everything was going to change'. I think everything that has happened is what she was talking about. Everything was going to change. The Grievers were going to sting Gladers in the daytime and the Maze was going to change in the daytime and not the nighttime," 

Thomas could very much understand now why Edward felt a little guilty. He couldn't blame him. "What was it that you were going to tell me?"

"What?"

"You were going to tell me something about the Grievers back before we went back into the Maze to check that Griever but then Minho and the others arrived,"

Edward quickly remembered and realised he was going to tell his brother a dark secret. "Yesterday night Tom, when I was in the Maze looking for you, Alby and Minho, it wasn't just Teresa's voice in my head that was strange. When I was cornered by a Griever, it just stared at me. And then...it walked away,"