"What? No, kettle. You misunderstood."

"What do you mean?" Her face drops as she looks at me.

"This is not a proposal!" I try to remain calm but I'm dying from laughter on the inside.

"Then, what's inside this box?"

"Open it and see it already."
She takes the small box with shaken hands and opens it.

"It's a key." She says holding the key, stating the obvious.

I'm starting to feel this wasn't such a good idea after all.

"So what am I supposed to do with that? Is it some kind of metaphor?" She looks a bit frustrated at the moment and I'm sure the whole thing is going to backfire on me.

"Metaphor? No. It's exactly what it seems. And traditionally keys open doors. You seem off, baby."

"You're asking me to move in?" Her eyes light up the tiniest bit as she starts to figure this out. I smile again putting my hands in my pockets.

"Move in, come and go, do whatever you like. It's up to you. I want you here with me. Preferably all the time, but I don't want to pressure you. That was of course before I knew you were ready for marriage!" I look at her as her face turns red.

"Who puts a key in a ring box? That was really misleading!" She yells at me. My jaw is on the floor once again.

"Are you mad?"

"Hell, yes, I'm mad!"

"You seriously thought I was proposing?"

"Yes." She answers dead-serious. I'm trying to control myself and not laugh but this is hilarious to me. "I'm sorry, is my embarrassment amusing to you?"

"No,no." I sit beside her on the bed. "Baby I'm sorry I misled you. But, honest to God, it never even crossed my mind that you could think something like that."

"Why not? I'm obviously in love with you, you're hopelessly in love with me. Isn't that what marriage is about? Two people in love tying the knot?" She explains calmly but she seems kind of sad.

"Hopelessly?" I ask, raising my brow.

"Shhh!" She commands and I obey. We stay silent for a moment as she twists and turns the key in her hands.

"I can't believe you thought I would ever propose this way!" I chuckle. I'm sorry, I can't help it.

"Um, yes. It's not like, you're the larger-than-life-gesture kind of guy. Something low key like this seemed fit." She shrugs her shoulders. I ruffle my hair processing her train of thought.

"That's true. But you are that kind of person. So when I'm going to propose it's gonna be grand. A spectacle. And so romantic you'll remember it for the rest of your life." I gently stroke her hair and push a few strands behind her ear. "Because that's what you deserve." She stares at me with her clear, bright gray eyes and leans in. I cup her face and I place a light peck on her lips. "Move in with me." I quietly say on her lips and she smiles.

"Okay." She finally blurs out and nods her head. I pull her on me and kiss her.

What started as a confirmation kiss to seal the deal, quickly turned frantic and passionate.

I lay back and pull her on top of me, feeling on fire just like that. I start placing a trail of wet kisses from her neck to her chest and back again. She arches her back a bit to give me more access and the little sounds she's making drive me crazy. I squeeze her butt a bit harder and that makes her look at me. Her eyes have darkened and she looks so fucking hot right now.