Takashi // You're Meant for Me [ 2 ]

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, Yeah... Whatever!" You lay again on his bed arms spreading wide. There's a silence for a while before you speak again. "I envy you sometimes. Every girl that you liked likes you back. How to be you?"

"There is this one girl that I can't have. She always thought that I was playing her."

"Well, I can't blame her. you're a player, you change girlfriends every week!"

He didn't answer so you just stare at the ceiling thinking about what happened yesterday.

"How to tell her that I'm serious?" Takashi suddenly asked.

"I don't know? Apparently, I'm not good at confrontation thingy. I got rejected remember? But I saw in the movies that they look straight into the eyes of their love one and tell them how they feel, There's no need to be fancy just tell straight to the person that you like them." You said, still staring at the ceiling. He sat beside you and leaned. He then stared at you for a while. His gaze is making you stiff. he's too close!

"y/n, I like you." He said with a dead serious face.

"Wha- What?"

"I said I like you."

There's a long pause before you chuckle. "Oh, You got me! You're good Taka-chan! Your facial expression is very convincing. I thought you're really telling me that you like me for a moment there! When you tell her that make sure to make that face." You said, pulling his cheeks.

He holds your hand and removes it from his cheeks. He grasps it tight and places it on his heart. You can feel the heat of his palm and his heartbeat. "y/n I'm not joking this time. I like you since we're kids."

"Huh?" you try to pull your hands but he grasps it tighter.

"You always think that I was joking but all jokes are half meant true."

"Wait, Taka-chan don't tease me like that. We're best friends."

"I already told you. I am not joking this time, y/n." He sigh. "I know that we're best friends that is why I kept this damn feeling for a very long time. I tried everything to move on from you because I value our friendship. Heck, I tried to find you in other girls but they are not you. Sometimes I just want to ruin this friendship and shoot my shot but the thought of losing you when you know my feelings scares me, y/n." He pauses and looks into your eyes.

"But yesterday when I saw you crying, my heart ached. He hurt you that easily but me... I dream of you. If I was him will love you better."

You got surprised by his confession. His face is soft and looked sincere, You are now confused.

"Taka-chan. I-"

"I know you only see me as your friend." He let go of your hands and sit properly. You also get up and sit.

There's a long dead-ass silence from you two. You're just sitting beside each other and You're trying to process the things he just said.

"I- I should go." You said and stood up. You quickly exit his room not looking back.

***

Several months have passed and you both didn't talk to each other. When you see him you quickly avoid him. You are not mad or anything but you don't know what to say or how to face him after what happened. It's difficult for you because you don't understand your own feelings.

You don't know if your love for him is enough to accept his confession and be his girlfriend. for the longest time, you only see him as a friend because you both grew up together.