But I was still upset. Still hurt.

He was sitting on the bed, but as soon as our eyes met, he got up.

"I thought we could have breakfast together." He looked so innocent, so kind.

To others, he probably appeared to be a kind and gentle husband. 

I looked away and proceeded to grab my clothes from the drawers. 

I heard Xavier's steps coming closer toward me. I felt his presence and before I knew it, his arms were around my waist as he hugged me from behind. 

He then kissed my shoulder.

I tried to move away but this only made him hold me tighter.

"Don't touch me!" I said in an assertive voice.

He quickly let go of me.

I turned to look at him. 

"From now on I don't want you to touch me." It hurt too much having him so near me.

I longed for his touch, his gentle embrace, and sweet kisses. 

But what he was doing was wrong. This wasn't a relationship. He wasn't treating me like his wife, but as an item. Like a doll he wanted to control.

He seemed hurt by my rejection.

But it quickly changed to a serious face. The type he always showed to his employees.

"Very well then. I see you're still very upset. I guess you need more time alone. I'll leave you your breakfast here. I asked the maid to bring you some books to keep you occupied." 

He was about to leave but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

"You're really going to keep me locked in this room again?"

He couldn't possibly be thinking of doing that to me again.

"It's apparent that you still haven't learned your lesson. You're very stubborn princesses and you just don't understand that I'm simply concerned for your well being. You will get to work at some point but for now I think you need more time to heal and gain back all of your memories. I'm doing this for you." 

Did he really think he was helping me? I couldn't believe what he was doing. 

"Are you kidding me Xavier? Do you even hear yourself? Keeping me locked up in this room and isolating me from the world is not going to help me. You're hurting me more by keeping me here all day." 

I hoped he would listen, but it was of no use. He didn't say a word and simply left.

I felt frustrated and sad.

I didn’t know what to do. 

I put on some clothes and ate breakfast. I couldn't just starve myself. I needed to think of a plan.

Either I figured out a way to make Xavier realize he's in the wrong and solve this issue once and for all. Or I would have to do something extreme, run away and escape from Xavier.

I really hoped I wouldn't have to do something so extreme as to run away from Xavier. 

More than anything, I just wanted to fix my marriage with Xavier.

I had initially worried whether Xavier really was who he claimed to be. But throughout these past months I had remembered things about our past when we were dating. Meaning he wasn't lying about us being married.

My plan was to talk to him and get him to really listen to me. We needed to make a compromise. 

I understood why he didn't want me to work. However, what I couldn’t understand was why he wouldn't let me leave this house on my own.