CHAPTER ELEVEN, high school musical; the chooiscal

Start from the beginning

Ophelia sat on the couch between Ricky, who sat on the arm of the couch on the left side of her, Ashlyn sat beside the right side of her. Luca stood behind the couch, standing between Seb and Kaden (who's one of the dancers). Fallon was behind the couch as well beside Rico (one of the dancers and the one playing Ryan) and slightly behind EJ. She had leaned forward on the couch, leaning her arms on the back of the couch and had her head leaned on EJ's shoulder which made him smile.

Nini came back from the kitchen, laying on the laps of the ones who sat on the couch which made some of them laugh and smile. "Adorable." Carlos comments, smiling at the group. "Gina, come on!" He encouraged the dark-skinned girl, gesturing her over to the living room upon noticing she was still in the kitchen. 

After the picture was taken they all decided to finish the game. To do that they had to do a Lightening Round. First question Carlos read off was, "'Name both jersey numbers Troy wears in the movie'."

Big Red surprisingly knew the answer to that. "Oh, uh, fourteen and ten."

"Correct." Carlos nods and reads the next question. "'How does Gabriella describe herself when she's complaining to her mom?'"

"Oh!" Ashlyn speaks up. "As the school's freaky genius girl."

Carlos points at her. "Do people talk like that?"

Ashlyn shakes her head. "They do not."

"Correct!" Carlos exclaims and some laughter filled the room. He turns to the Wildcats. "Whose red tie does Ms. Darbus compliment at auditions?'"

Chatter is overlapped as the Wildcats try to remember who it was, none of them noticing that EJ was looking up the answer on his phone. "Allen?" EJ asked when he saw the rest of his team didn't know the answer.

Carlos points at him. "Yes!"

Fallon looks at EJ with surprise. "You seriously knew the answer to that? I didn't even know you were a fan of the series."

"I looked it up on my phone," EJ admits. He sent an apologetic smile to his team. "I can't stop cheating and I'm sorry!"

From her place sitting on the arm of the chair he's sitting on Fallon pats his shoulder. "At least you admitted that and apologized." She sends him a smile. "Good job."

The Knights team members chimed in, saying that EJ should be disqualified for doing that. "Well, the West High Knights have a chance to steal." Carlos announces. "'What is the girl who pops and locks?'"

Gina immediately stands up and does the pop, lock, jam, and break move while singing, "I love to pop, lock, jam, and break." She speaks the answer, her lips forming into a grin. "Martha Cox!"

"The West High Knights win!" Carlos exclaimed, throwing up some red confetti he got. 

Ophelia cheered along with the rest of the knights. She turns to Luca, who sat beside her, and they high fived each other. Ophelia didn't fail to notice the wide smile that was on Luca's face when Gina helped their team won. Luca couldn't help the smile on his lips. Gina just looked so cute while she celebrated. Ophelia knew that he was falling and falling fast for Gina.

"You, my dear," Carlos speaks once the cheers died down. He walks over to Gina, holding a homemade pin. "Get this homemade Scholastic Decathlon pin. Careful, it's just a straight pin and was never sanitized."

"Wait, okay," Gina chuckles, taking out her phone for a selfie. "Everyone get in." Everyone squeezes into frame as she took the selfie. "Okay, hold on." She said to Carlos when he went to attach the homemade pin to her sweater she wore. "I need to share this honor with my loved ones."