Ch. 7 |•| How Did You...?

Author's Note:
Ngl to y'all i did not plan the last ch like that. it was on a complete spur of the moment. i was originally gonna have someone else answer the door instead of lauren but it was too basic so this is what y'all got. dunno if it was enjoyable or not so i hope u did. also dayum with over 200 reads?! thanks for that, gives me reason to get another ch out to y'all.
Besides that, ON WITH THE STORY!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"As if I had summoned her, the garage door opened. Well shit."

—————————————————————

*GABI'S POV*
I had just entered the house, putting my briefcase down. "I'M HOME," I shout into the house, all I heard were echos of my words, no response from anyone. Normally Kella would sprint out from wherever she was, heading straight for me. "Hello? Anyone home?" I asked to nobody in particular. I walked up the stairs, making a mental note to grab the groceries from the car.

All the doors to our rooms were open, which they weren't in there. I scanned the hallway until I found a half-closed door, muffled mumbling coming from inside. I cautiously stepped toward it and slowly opened the door. It was Bella pacing around the room, muttering to herself under her breath. I saw the window wide open, curtains blowing with the breeze, and a library in this room.

I wonder why I've never been in here before. I walked up to my sister and put my hands on her shoulders to get her to stop, and she jumped, startled by the touch. "Are you okay Bella? What's wrong?" I asked. She started crying into my shoulder as I pulled her into a hug, saying "I'm sorry" on repeat. "Hey, hey, it's okay." I calmly told her.

After a few minutes, she finally calmed down so I asked her again, "What's wrong? Why were you crying?" She hesitated for a moment, took a deep breath, and said "Kella's gone... she left out the window," she pointed in the direction of the window. "Well she can only be so far, let's go."

*TIME SKIP OF AN HOUR, BROUGHT TO YOU BY fried rice (:*

*KELLA'S POV*
I've been in the room, crying for 20 minutes, thank god for the soundproof walls. (an fyi, bella and gabi do not know of her being little. hence the fake room, but they do have suspicions). I slowly stopped crying, and sniffled once in a while. My headspace came out halfway, making me feel like a 2 year old. I ran over to my toy chest and pulled out a plush dinosaur, unicorn, and a rainbow cat. I played with them until I got bored, and by then, I was out of headspace.

*TIME SKIP OF 30 MINUTES, YES AGAIN, BROUGHT TO YOU BY A STRAWBERRY BLOOD BAG*

I guess I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to the sound of the garage opening. I assumed it was Gabi, so I sprinted out, making sure nothing looked out of place before I left. I sped down the staircase, skipping the last few steps. "GABIII!" I shouted as I jumped onto her. She caught me in time, holding me up, peppering my face with kisses. I glanced behind her to see Bella staring at me with furrowed and raised eyebrows, a dumbfounded expression sitting on her face. I lay my head in Gabi's neck, not wanting to face the wrath of Bella. I know that Gabi will take a more gentle approach, whereas Bella will jump straight in and grill me until she gets her answers. "I- Huh- What in the-" she stuttered, cutting off her sentences. "How did you get back hun? When did you get back?" Gabi cautiously asked me.

"I..."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Author's Note:
Okay, sorry for the late update. I am casually drowning of homework in math and bio, and then i don't have motivation to write, it's mentally draining. most of these chapters are written during lunch at school so... Anyways, i'll try to update more, i hope y'all are enjoying this story.
- Kella