THREE

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

The day after I met up with Rafe I was sitting at home when I heard someone doorbell.
Just to my surprise, Topper was standing in front of my door with a bouquet of roses, yuck.
I opened the door and before Topper could say anything I asked, "What do you want Topper?"
"I- uh... nothing. I just came here to say I'm so sorry. I love you and Sarah means nothing to me. Will you please give me another chance?" He said with a desperate look on his face.
"I'm sorry but I'm seeing someone right now."
Topper looked confused.
"What? You're seeing someone? Who is it?"
"Rafe. Rafe Cameron. I've been talking to him."
Toppers confused look become more angry.
"Gosh I don't see you for a day and now you're fucking my best friend huh. Sarah was right. You are a slut."
He definitely has gone insane.
"I don't know if your brains all scrambled from like all the molly you take but I never fucked him and if you're gonna call me a slut, let's talk about how you CHEATED on me Topper."
Topper clenched his fist and threw the roses on my driveway. "Fuck you Kelsey."
I slammed the door closed on his face.
I went back to my room and watched from the window as he headed to his car and sped off.

The next day I went to the country club with my grandfather who was playing golf with his friends. I sat by the bar and scrolled on my phone.
"Hey Kels." I heard a deep voice behind me.
I turned around and Rafe waved at me.
"Oh hi."
"I didn't expect to see you here." He said while taking a seat next to me.
"Yeah I don't come here a lot but my grandfathers playing golf with his friends so I just tagged along."
He nodded.
"Topper payed me a visit last night."
"What did he say?" Rafe asked.
"I told him we're um... dating."
Instead of responding Rafe gave me a high five and laughed.
"But he didn't take it well though." I told Rafe but that didn't bother him.
"That's the goal!" He pulled out his phone and he put his arm around my waist.
Rafe took a picture of us together and put it on his Instagram story.
"What was that for?" I asked him.
"Gotta make sure everyone knows you're my girl."
I rolled my eyes jokingly but my grandfather walked up to us.
"Kelsey! Who is this boy you're sitting with?" He asked while walking up to us.
My grandfather put on his glasses and then figured out who it was.
"Rafe Cameron! I've worked with your father before. Very good man. And Kelsey, I'm glad you finally have a boyfriend! Rafe is a good boy I've heard."
I almost choked on my water and to add to it, Rafe said, "Yup, Kelseys an amazing girlfriend as well."
"How wonderful. I'll leave you too love birds alone now." My grandfather said while waving goodbye at us.
"Love birds." I scoffed.
"Glad to see we look like a couple." Rafe said while putting his arm around me again.

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘