A new day

Chris has been getting along with Nightmare as he talks about himself to Chris so he will tell Nightmare about himself as well. Chris tells Nightmare small details about himself, but he still didn't trust him, he does believe in him that the Star Sanses will take him away from his dreams of having a father.

Right now, it is night-time, and Chris was wearing a prince clothes, it's like Nightmare's passive clothes in Chris' size. Chris hummed as he wore it, he finds it comfortable as well as his regular clothes. He sighs in relief as Nightmare walks up to him. "You look perfect in it." Nightmare complimented. "Thanks." Chris replied.

Chris looks at the mirror and sees himself. He wore a jacket, only it had long sleeves and was dark purple. It was closed with a gold belt with "C" on it. He wore black pants and dark purple boots. Chris sighs as Nightmare thought of something that Chris should know, he looks at Chris. "You know, I used to wear it when I was young." Nightmare replied.
Chris looks at Nightmare with curiosity. "Really?" Chris asked. "Yep, I used to be known as the guardian of the negative side...of the Emotion Tree." Nightmare responded, remembering the dark days. "Emotion Tree? What is that?" Chris asked. "It used to exist...now, it's dead. It's best not to talk about it right now, I just want to tell you that you look a lot like me when I was young." Nightmare explained.

Chris went silent as he thought about the Emotion Tree. 'Is that where all emotions come from? Is it what makes an emotionless person feel happiness and sadness?' Chris thought. Chris can tell the Emotion Tree has something to do between Nightmare and Dream and their broken relationship. Chris knew what it's like to have a broken relationship with a brother.

"Dinner is nearly ready, change your clothes, Cross will lead you to dinner." Nightmare replied before he left the room. Chris goes to the back room to change, when he comes out, he given the clothes to the maids before following Cross. Cross was now Chris' guardian when Nightmare is at work, Chris sighs as he looks around. Chris was getting used to the Evil Sanses, he's still afraid but he keeps reassuring himself that he shouldn't since because he's not going to be in any harm whatsoever.

Chris walks into the dining room and thank Cross before sitting down on the table. Chris sees his dinner isn't ready yet as Nightmare was talking to a doctor. "Tomorrow, I would like a check on Chris and see if he's healthy." Nightmare replied. "Of course, your highness." The doctor responded, nodding. The doctor left as Nightmare sat down on the table. "Do I have any illness?" Chris asked, worried. "I don't know, but I can tell you had a scar of the bite back in 1987, isn't it?" Nightmare asked.

Chris went silent before nodding as an answer, remembering what the pain is like. Then, food arrived, Chris blinks in surprise as his plate was placed down. Chris can't help but sees his dinner meal looks exactly what his biological mother would cook. It was Easy Greek Salmon, what it was called. Chris stare at the food in surprise.

Chris remembered in his orphanage, his meals was never so fancy or enriching, he supposes most orphanage doesn't need fancy meals. In breakfast, there's only toast with fried egg, in lunch, just a plain sandwich and at dinner, just cold soup. Chris would prefer toast with fried egg since he loved eggs, but he never had this type of meal for a very long time.

Chris can't help but starting to cry while staring at the meal. Nightmare sense sadness before looking at Chris, blinks in surprise to see Chris was crying. "Chris? Why are you crying?" Nightmare asked, worried as he heads over to him. Chris soon starts eating the salmon while still crying, Nightmare rub Chris' back to comfort him.

---

After dinner, Chris was getting his new pyjamas on, it was black and covered of white moons. Chris hugged Fredbear as he opens the bathroom door, couldn't help but feel tight while staring at the bathroom. Then, he heard Nightmare walking into the room. "What's a matter?" Nightmare asked, sensing Chris' fears. "Um...I don't...like tight spaces..." Chris answered, looking down in embarrassment.