As he wriggled his eyebrows again, the knight brought a letter to Kyle.

It was a letter from the temple.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

“A… position? By that, do you mean a job?”

I asked him back with a bewildered expression.

Didn’t I just hear it wrong?

He looked at me with a cold expression and opened his mouth,

“If you leave the temple, you’ll have nowhere to go anyway.”

And to that, I replied with an absurd expression,

“Are you being considerate of me in case I become a pariah?”

He stared at me without saying a word.

I opened my mouth after a while,

“I am preparing myself for how I will live after leaving the temple. Your Highness doesn’t have to care so much…”

“Isn’t the life you’ve always wanted a stable one?”

I stared blankly at him at his sudden remark.

“I’ve heard of your background from Reyhas. Things won’t look bright even if you go back to your hometown.”

Either in my last life or in this life, I was an unwelcome child out of wedlock.

“As you said, you played the role of a fake saint for my political stability, so I’ll treat you well if you come to the palace.”

His low voice lingered in my ears.

I couldn’t understand him.

At this point, when the Queen gives birth, one could imagine that perhaps he would feel a sense of crisis.

It may be that he was trying to fill the Imperial Palace with his people as much as possible for political stability.

But why me?

As he said, if the Queen was watching me, I could have been his weakness.

“You told me yourself that the Queen was paying attention to me.”

He twisted the corners of his mouth coolly at my words.

The sudden change in his eyes made me feel a sudden tension rising.

“I was trying to persuade you without fear.”

“Yes?”

I felt a bit nervous at his voice that rang in my ears.

“The fact that the Queen pays attention to you means that once you leave the temple, there is a chance that you will disappear without the birds or rats knowing about it*.”

(T/N: The term ‘쥐도 새도 모르게’ or ‘without the birds or rats knowing about it’ is used when you are doing something secretly or surreptitiously.)

The moment I heard him, I got goosebumps at the back of my neck.

Oh, it was something I hadn’t thought of.

“She’ll try to figure out my weakness through you.”

There was a point in what he said.

“I can’t let anyone touch you openly. You can think of it as a decision beneficial for the both of us.”

I felt cold at the words ‘a decision beneficial for the both of us’.

If I refuse, will Kyle still keep his promise for my survival?

After a while, I calmed down and opened my mouth,

“Give me time to think.”

I said with a composed expression.

Going to the palace would put me at risk of the dangers entangling with Kyle would bring, and it was also an option I wanted to avoid the most.

I wanted to retire and live a quiet life, but I have to be wary of the Queen’s schemes…

It was a tragedy.

“Time.”

“Yes. It is important that I don’t become your weakness, but it is also an important issue for me.”

I thought it would be over if I left the temple once the new saint appeared, but it seemed not.

“It would be better to make a good decision. I don’t want you to leave the temple and be found dead later on.”

I was skeptical because it was none other than Crown Prince Kyle that just offered me a job after retirement, which of course, was a different issue in itself.

Kyle’s crimson eyes stared at me and he opened his mouth,

“And your safety…”

Then he turned his head and frowned.

“Nevermind.”

After he left, I returned to my room with a complicated mind and lied down on my bed. Kyle’s words rang like a hallucination in my head.

“Ugh.”

“I’ll be back tomorrow.”

What kind of answer should I give?

Then, the chat window began to sparkle in my sight.

[Monde, the God of Art, criticizes his intrusion of your room as undignified]

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, agrees with Monde]

[Ciel, the God of Destruction, suddenly bites Monde’s leg]

[A fight broke out]

The gods were going crazy in the chat window today.

I thought for a moment.

Kyle’s words were only assumptions.

Besides, I was strong. I couldn’t explain it to Kyle, but there were gods who struck lightning when I deactivated the oracle…

With Ciel’s blessing, I would be invincible for at least three hours.

‘I’d rather refuse.’

There may be some danger from the Queen once I leave the temple, but to be honest, I wasn’t that scared.

What I was really afraid of was the risk of going to the palace and getting on a bad route like the original Ariel if I got more entangled with Kyle.

Once I leave the temple, I won’t go to the palace.

I recalled the seemingly useful items I saw in the〈Store〉. Some of them were as useful as the holy knights of the temple who guarded me.

But the problem is saying no to Kyle, who thinks I’m his ‘weakness’…

My head ached when I remembered his piercing eyes.