It was when I slowly reached out to the bedding to lie down on the bed.

Suddenly, I heard a knock from the window covered with curtains.

“Huh? Did I hear wrong?”

But when I heard a knock again, I felt a lump in my throat.

The thought of being on the 4th floor reminded me of a ghost story I heard when I was young.

As I stared at the window under great tension, I heard a creak.

I was so surprised that I was on the verge of screaming until the curtain was raised, revealing a face I had seen before.

I opened my mouth, looking at him with a bewildered expression,

“Your Highness?”

His hair and eyes looked dark because of the dim light.

The jacket of his uniform had been taken off, and he only wore a dark red shirt on his solid upper body. 

His foot, which came through my window, thumped to the floor.

He soon pulled himself up. His red hair, undisturbed by the strong winds that breezed through the balcony, seemed to have changed and he looked like he had bangs.

“How come you’re here…”

Kyle strode up to me, who was surprised, stood still and looked at me.

I stared at him and blinked.

He came one step closer to me with a stiff face. My heart was pounding and I felt nervous. Maybe because it reminded me of Ariel’s proposal letter.

After a brief silence, he opened his mouth with a confident expression,

“I’m here to kidnap you.”

…Huh?

He opened his mouth again as I stared at him blankly at his sudden remark,

“You didn’t look so good.”

His low voice reminded me of what happened earlier.

“Your eyes were shaking.”

When I prayed in front of people, I was filled with thoughts. Honestly, I was also nervous.

“Last time, you begged me not to kill you.”

He had a harsh voice that sounded quite irritated and concerned.

“That… it’s just that.”

What’s more, the blessings that the gods gave to people kept coming up in front of my eyes, so I couldn’t help but tremble as I read them.

Kyle went on and on as I mumbled,

“That’s why I’m here to take you.”

“Yes? Pardon?”

Suddenly, I heard someone walking from the hallway outside.

As I didn’t move with a puzzled expression, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

“……!”

I felt my body rise up in an instant, and I was carried in his arms in a princess-like position.

Filled with tension, we listened to the footsteps approaching, passing my door and getting farther away.

I looked at him with astonished eyes, and he began to walk through the window where he came in.