Chapter 36: The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

Ranboo screamed as he bolted upright in his bed, clutching his pounding heart and gasping for air.

"Ranboo, are you okay?"

The humanoid jumped, flailing his arms and thrashing about under the covers until someone gently touched his shoulder.

"Ranboo, calm down! It's me!"

The enderman quickly grasped the stranger's wrist, fully intending to break it when he finally realized who it was. "Tub-...Tubbo?"

The goat hybrid nodded with a small smile. "Yeah. It's me."

Confusion crashed into the enderman at full force, his mind racing for answers. Where was he? What happened? Why was Tubbo here? Didn't he die? But, then, where was-

"Easy, boss man," Tubbo called. "Take some deep breaths."

Ranboo did as he was told, inhaling the calm, and exhaling the chaos. It wasn't long before the sentient settled into a better headspace, one much more clear than before. With his soul at ease, Ranboo opened his eyes to take another look around.

The humanoid found himself in his bedroom, the spare guest room of Philza's Syndicate house. Tubbo had crawled onto the bed as well, a look of concern laced with peace gracing his visage. Ranboo struggled to make sense of it all, his mind still spinning with an endless stream of thoughts. "I- Did I- Was that all a dream?"

Tubbo chuckled. "No, boss man, that was real. You really did destroy The Egg."

The enderman's brow furrowed. "But then how am I still alive? How are you still alive? Is this- Did we-"

Tubbo held up a single finger, effectively shushing the perplexed creature. "Hold on there, Ranboo. Don't get too ahead of yourself. Let me explain." 

RANBOO AND TUBBO ARE ALIVE AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! BUT HOW DID THEY ALL SURVIVE?!?!

VOTE TO HAVE YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!!!!

As always, thank you for the support and the reads!! We're almost done with this book!! <333

[Image Credits] "Living Room Inside Cabin C" (Cropped Slightly) by Marco Becerra (https://www

[Image Credits] "Living Room Inside Cabin C" (Cropped Slightly) by Marco Becerra (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbecerra/3992119704/)