CHAPTER XIV.

chapter xiv

chapter xiv.

Mackenzie rolled up to the familiar house that belonged to Zendaya. She parked in the driveway, and strolled along inside. She looked around, not seeing the other girl anywhere.

     "Daya?" She yelled, her eyebrows furrowing as she walked around the house.

     "In here!" Zendaya yelled back. Mackenzie followed the voice and found herself in the doorway of the kitchen and was greeted by the sight of Zendaya pulling muffins out of the oven. Specifically, chocolate chip muffins, Mackenzie's favorites. She grinned widely, "Daya you didn't,"

     The woman shot a smile back, "oh, but I did."

     Mackenzie walked over and stood awfully close next to the girl. Zendaya wouldn't lie, her breath hitched a little bit for about two seconds. She watched and Mackenzie reached for a muffin, regardless of the fact that they were extremely hot. She gently tossed the muffin between her hands until it was cool enough to peel the paper liner off and eat it.

     "Mmm, these are fantastic, nice and fresh," she hummed as she took another bite. "Keep this up and I'll have to wife you up." She chuckled, to which Zendaya half forced a laugh, her face heating up slightly. She had this giddy feeling, which she felt constantly when she was around Mackenzie. The more time she spent with her, the harder it was to shove down.

"So, what movie are we watching?" Mackenzie asked, hopping up and sitting on the counter top.

Zendaya smiled, "the new scooby doo movie, 'Scoob!' It came out this year and I remember you said once that you loved Scooby-Doo—"

"Love— present tense, but continue,"

"I remember that you said once that you love Scooby-Doo, and I haven't seen the new one yet and i figured it was only right if you watched it with me." Zendaya continued, chuckled as she put emphasis on the 'love'.

Eventually, the muffins were a little less warm and they were able to grab them without burning their flesh off. They decided to put them on a big plate and take them into the living room to snack on while they watched the movie. They sat on the couch together, much like last time. Zendaya leaned on the left arm of the couch, half laying down whilst Kenzie sat on the other end. She looked somewhat awkward, Zendaya worried it was because of how she was sitting. She wondered if she was taking up too much space, so she sat up a little straighter to give Kenzie more room. 

     Unbeknownst to her, that was not the reason Mackenzie was being awkward. She looked over upon hearing the shuffle from Zendaya moving, "you didn't have to move." She said.

     "I don't wanna take up too much room," The woman told her, to which Mackenzie shook her head.

     "You aren't, it's okay." She assured her.

     About half the movie passed, and by then, Zendaya was now leaning towards the middle of the couch. She needed to move around a bit due to her arm falling asleep, so now she was leaning closer to Mackenzie, who had extended her legs out and was resting her legs against the back of the couch behind Zendaya. It wasn't that uncomfortable, in all honesty. Mackenzie couldn't help but think it would be more comfortable if Daya had been in her arms, but she quickly dismissed her own thought.

     Zendaya's thoughts were racing a million miles a minute, she wanted so badly to be closer to the girl behind her. In an instant, an impulse, you could say, she decided 'fuck it'. She moved upwards so her back was just barely touching Kenzie's chest. Her nerves shot up, as she waited to see how the girl reacted. To her surprise, she didn't move or push her away. Instead, she reached out and wrapped an arm loosely around her waist.

     They both laid there, hearts beating out of their chests. Neither of them knew what to say or do, so they didn't. They just sat back, slowly getting more comfortable and moving in closer to one another. They were practically cuddling at this point. Zendaya decided to look up at the girl, trying to read her facial expression. Kenzie looked down and their eyes met, in that moment, it felt like there was a magnetic pull between them. Zendaya sat up as Mackenzie leaned down until the gap between them was closed by their lips colliding in a short and sweet kiss.

     They pulled apart from one another, each looking equally as shocked before Zendaya reached for Kenzie's face and pulled her in again, the other girl's hands going to Zendaya's waist. They pulled each other close as they shared a passionate, somewhat hungry, kiss.

hehehe

—hehehe