"Yeah, I want to choose his name now. Can I say what I'm thinking?" you ask, looking at Daniel who nods excitedly. "Okay, I'm debating between Milo and Bruno" you say, looking at your little man who's sleeping contently against you. "I was debating between Milo and Jude, so I guess we have a winner then" Daniel replies, cocking his head sideways at you to see if you agree. "Well, say hello to Milo Ricciardo then" you whisper, stroking Milo's hair while Daniel's hand rubs Milo's small fingers. "I love you" he whispers, leaning down to kiss his small head. "By the way, mom and dad called, they're getting on the plane tomorrow so they're here when I'm in Silverstone. After that it's Hungary and then it's summer break" he says, smiling at you before kissing you.

After a million phone calls with the doctor and airline you and Daniel decide to go to Perth for the summer break. Milo is three weeks now, and you got the green light from everyone you asked. You look at Daniel who's keeping an eye on Milo, nervously fiddling with your fingers while you fly through the air. "Baby, it's going to be okay. We asked 10 different doctors, they know what they're saying" Daniel says, squeezing your hand while he looks at you. You nod with a sigh, leaning your head against his shoulder while he strokes his thumb over your knuckles. You fall asleep while listening to Daniel's soft breaths and hums while he listens to music.

You arrive safely in Perth, settling Milo in his car seat in Daniel's car before you make your way home. "I asked mom to finish the nursery since we didn't do that when we were home for Chrissy" Daniel says, looking at you in the rear-view mirror. You nod, smiling tiredly at him before looking at Milo who makes a little sound. "What's up my little boy?" you ask him, tickling his belly before holding his tiny fist. "Shall we announce his birth on Instagram this week?" Daniel asks, raising an eyebrow when you look at him. "Sure, maybe we can do like one of those photo dumbs where we just post a few of the favourites so far" you suggest, chuckling when Daniel nods his head excitedly.

Grace and Joe wait for you at home, hugging you, Daniel, and Milo for minutes straight because they missed you. "It's so good to have you home, let us take care of Milo while you freshen up and relax a bit" Grace says, shooing you and Daniel away with a soft smile on her lips. You and Daniel take a shower together, which results in you leaning against his chest while he washes your hair and body. After you're both dried off you put on a pair of loose linen pants and a blouse that's easy to unbutton for when Milo wants to eat. Daniel is lounging on the bed in a pair of his enchanté shorts, opening his arms for you when you walk into the bedroom. "Let's cuddle and take a nap" he mumbles when you're snuggled up against him. "Yeah, let's be really wild and do that" you murmur back, humming when he wraps his strong arms around you, falling asleep within seconds.

You wake up an hour later, feeling rested and more relaxed. Daniel is playing with your almost dry hair, humming a song while he waits for you to wake up. "Hey love" you say, moving a little so you're at eyelevel with him. "Hey you, did you sleep well?" he asks, pecking your lips when you nod. "Yeah, I miss Milo though. Let's go and find your parents, I'm hungry as well" you say, pouting when Daniel laughs at you. You find Grace and Joe on the couch with Milo sleeping in Joe's arms and you take a picture of them, smiling at Grace when she waves you over. "He's so calm, he definitely has that from you. He's just been sleeping or laying in mine or Joe's arms" she says, smiling when Joe gives Milo to you again. You sit down on the couch, chatting with them when Daniel comes back with a fruit salad for you. "I figured we could have dinner a little later, but since you're hungry now" he says, winking at you before sitting down next to you.

After Grace and Joe left you move outside to sit in the afternoon sun. Milo is sleeping in your arms after his feed, making small sounds in his sleep every now and then. You're laying against the pillows with your eyes closed, enjoying the sunshine on your face while Daniel is busy preparing dinner. You open your eyes when there's a sudden shadow in your way, smiling when Daniel is looking at you with a soft gaze. He sits down next to you, leaning towards Milo to press a kiss on his head before pecking your lips. "Babe," he starts, looking at you with an unreadable expression. You hum, cocking your head sideways while you wait for him to continue. "Let me take a picture of you two like this" he says, clearing his throat while he grabs his phone. You smile at the camera, feeling the sunshine hit your face, which makes you smile even brighter.

Daniel lowers his phone, staring at you as if he's in some kind of trance, and you giggle at him. "What's going on babe, you're worrying me a little" you say, stroking Milo's curls while you look at Daniel curiously. "I," he starts before clearing his throat, "I need to ask you something." You hum, pressing a kiss to Milo's head before focusing on Daniel again. "I was actually not planning on doing this now" he says, his voice cracking a little before he clears his throat again, "but I need to ask you this now. I think I'm going to lose my mind if I wait longer."

You look at him with a mix of confusion and worry, following his movements when he stands up from the lounge and stands in front of you. "I love you, so, so much. Every day that I wake up next to you is a gift, you make me so happy. You support," he takes a shaky breath, cursing under his breath before continuing, "you support everything I do; you know what I need without me knowing it, you keep me sane and focused, but you also get me out of my mind when I can't do that myself."

You're not entirely sure what's happening, wiping a few tears away because his words make you emotional. "Like I said, I wasn't planning on doing it this way, I have a whole plan written out because you taught me how to write things out. Which is really helpful, and now I'm not even using it" he says, chuckling while rubbing his eyes. "What I want to ask you, Nell, is" he takes another deep breath before lowering himself on one knee, looking at you with his brown eyes, filled with love and admiration for the woman in front of him. You can only stare at him while you make sure that you're still holding Milo, watching Daniel clear his throat for the third time. "Will you marry me?" he says softly, almost a whisper, while he looks at your tear-stained face. You nod, sobbing slightly when he jumps up to wrap his arms around you, minding his son in the middle, before kissing you through the tears. "Yes, of course I'll marry you Dan" you sob, chuckling when he whispers a "thank god."

You're seated on the couch outside again after dinner, while Daniel is putting Milo to bed, wiping the tears from your eyes. You feel like you've been crying for hours straight since Daniel asked you to marry him. "Baby?" he asks when he walks back into the garden, smiling with a loving gaze when he sees you wipe your cheeks. "I have something for you" he says, sitting next to you before kissing you softly. You hum, leaning towards him with a pout when he pulls away from you.

He chuckles, taking a small box from his pocket, opening it to reveal a sleek golden ring with a diamond, flanked by two smaller diamonds.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"H-how did you know?" you ask, staring at him while you start sobbing softly again. "I asked everyone you know, and your mom knew about you liking this jewellery company. I popped in at their store when I was in Silverstone, and I recognised this one from your saved folder on Instagram" he says softly, wiping your tears away before kissing you.

"Let me put in on you love. My future wife."