Then something sparked inside of her, like a warning instinct or a urge from a connection that was formed, not made by her but by the resigning power inside of her. It was almost like when she saw Fern being hurt and the overwhelming urge to protect her.

Without saying anything to Zara, like she didn't have any control over her own body, she stood up quickly and started to march over to the other training grounds, where the Sun Summoner was at.

None of the Grisha realized what was happening, their attention turning from where Zoya had just flipped Alina onto her back, whispering something to her when she had her pinned to the ground before backing off. When Alina was about to get up, she froze though when she saw a very angry Seraphine walking towards them. Cause the dark haired Squaller had her back to her, she didn't see.

"Hey." Seraphine barked at her walking up to her from behind.

When she finally turned around, she was met with a very hard punch straight to the jaw, causing her to stumble back. Looking up, cradling the place of impact with her hand, she saw the Phoenix standing there in front of the Sun Summoner, legs part and hand falling back to her side.

Not caring about the consequences of her actions, her hands snapped together before pulling them apart, creating a large gust of wind to hit Seraphine straight in the chest and cause her to fall back. The only reason Alina wasn't hit in the process as a few Grisha had hauled her off the ground and out of the way when the felt a storm brewing between the other two women.

The curly haired woman's back hit a pile of hay behind her, the impact knocking her out. Alina rushed to her side, one of her hands grabbing her arms as she tried to wake her up. Marie and Nadia did the same on the other side.

***

Unable to move, from where she could see, it looked like she was on the ground. She was unfamiliar with the environment but she could see one thing. The furry chest of some kind of creature loomed over her.

It looked around before looking down at her, or whoever's body her consciousness was in. It snorted down towards her, a cloud of icy breath blowing over.

She could finally see its appearance clearly, the light grey fur, pointing ears with one that had a large divet in the middle of it that matched the small scars along its muzzle.

It was a Stag.

It was its antlers that were interesting to her. The swirling shapes in the bone marrow and tangling together like the roots of a tree. Not like a regular stags antlers. Whatever this creature was, it definitely wasn't a normal animal.

"Seraphine? Seraphine?! Seraphine!"

***

Her eyes snapped back up at the third call of her name. Looking up to see two Grisha she hadn't met before and Alina leaning over her to make sure she was alright.

"Are you okay?"

"Please be okay."

One of them and the Sun Summoner wrapped a hand around her shoulders and helped her sit up, standing now.

"Seraphine, words. Are you alright?" Alina pushed, trying to make sure she hadn't hit her head to hard and could still talk.

"Yeah, I'm alright." She said slowly, her mind mostly focused on the powerful stag she had just seen, holding onto that memory.

The two Grisha didn't let her speak again, quickly introducing themselves as Nadia and Marie.

"I can't believe she did that." Nadia said, plucking a piece hay from her curls while her friend brushed them off her back.

"She's just jealous. Can't bear the idea of anyone else being favored by General Kirigan." Marie said, stepping over to the side as Alina check over Seraphine's body to make sure she wasn't bleeding anywhere.

"Don't know why she wastes her time pining over him when she could be with me." The small smirk she added at the end made the Phoenix chuckle under her breath. But her attention soon caught to the middle of the fighting arena where the Squaller who called her a mulatto was being chewed out by some guy, whom she assumed was the fighting instructor.

"What were you thinking? Against the Phoenix? Have you lost your mind? She is a God amongst the Saints! She is no more the enemy then the Sun Summoner! She is how we get our freedom back! Go!" He pushed her, causing her to stumble but she caught herself and stared at Seraphine for a second, glaring before stomping away.

Nadia, who had also been watching along with the others, turned back to her and said awkwardly, "Shall we take you in to get you checked?"

"No, I think I'll be alright. Thank you, though."

"Anything, Sankta luminya."

"Oh, you guys don't need to call me that. Seraphine is fine." She said, turning back as she had began walking away to find Zara. The curly haired woman waved to Alina before walking off again.

She didn't actually have to go far though as she found the dark skinned woman standing at the entrance of the circular walls. She was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. When Seraphine got closer, Zara out before her arms out in a questioning gesture before asking, "What happened? You totally just left so you could punch Zoya in the face. She deserves it but still."

"I don't know it was. It was like that pull towards Alina, like something was telling me that I had to protect her. I've felt it before but..." She trailed off as she really didn't know what was happening to her. That's why she hated this. She didn't what was happening with her which meant she didn't know how to make everything better and fix it.

***