***

"Right, now, since your main power seems like a cross between an Inferni's and a Sun Summoner's, you will be working with me separate from the others most of the time and then with Alina and everyone else." Zara explained the two of them walking towards a small field, as they drew closer she could hear the fighting and grunt coming from the wall near them, that being where everyone else was training.

"'Seems like'?" Seraphine questioned, turning her head to the side to look at her.

"Well, we don't know anything about the Phoenix's abilities other than stories and scripts that were written a really long time ago."

"Oh. I keep forgetting that I'm the only one." 'Great. Feeling even more alone now.'

"Yeah, that tends to happen when you are the reincarnation of something."

"Right," Zara started, the two of them stopping in the middle of the circle arena, "So do you know anything about fighting hand-to-hand combat?"

"Well, I know some. Nothing like super official but just stuff from fights I've been in before." Seraphine said with a shrug.

At a teen to young adult, she had ended up in more fights than someone who isn't in a gang should be. It was mostly because anytime anyone said something to the other girls, she was ready to throw hands. She never used weapons, not wanting to kill anyone or hurt them a lot, just more of a warning not to come near her family again.

By the age of 15, she had been hurt more times than ever, bruises, the occasional broken bone and small cuts were immediately taken care of by Fern or Madam Decóva. The only reason that the older woman hadn't rated her out to her wife was because Seraphine hadn't broken her only condition, if she got into a fight and got hurt, the idiot was was fighting had to be beaten up worse than her.

Each time, Madam would ask her, "Did you kick his/her ass?"

And everytime, Seraphine said, "Of course."

"So about we start with a round, just so I can actually see how much you know and then figure out what I need to actually teach you." The Inferni said to her, getting a nod before the two of them got into their stances. "No Grisha abilities, from either of us, okay?"

"Cross my heart, but if it just happens, it's not my fault. I can't control it all that well."

"That's alright."

Zara counted down from three before the two of them launched at each other. They threw punches at each other, Seraphine yanking the woman's arm back, and hitting her stomach but making sure not to put all of her strength into it as she didn't want to actually hurt her. The Inferni grabbed one of her arms and used it to flip her so her back hit the ground. But the Phoenix only kicked the back of her knee so she  fell too.

The two of them rolled around, kicking at each other and throwing punches. Zara was on top of Seraphine, her hands pinning hers to the ground. They were both staring at each other, the latter making a sound like she was growling at her while the other was looking her dead in the eye.

But soon, the two of them started laughing, the taller rolling off onto the floor next to her as they caught their breath.

"I got to say, that was really good. I'm pleasantly surprised."

"I'm a little hurt that you doubt me so much." Seraphine said in mock sadness, having put a heart over her 'aching' chest.