02. 'ᴄᴀʀʀɪᴇ' ᴏɴ

"Mel! Have you seen Ziggy?" Aurora called out to her older sister who was walking toward the mess hall to continue some of her chores as a counsellor. 

"Ziggy? As in Cindy's sister?" Melissa answered with a confused look, uncertain when her sister became friends with the troublemaker from Shadyside.

"Do you know anyone else called Ziggy? It's not a common name" Aurora said with a laugh, "She was in some trouble earlier, she got burned and I want to check on her!" 

"Did you check her cabin? She probably went back there." She suggested. Aurora smiled and went to run off, "Aurora! Please be careful! Mum and Dad said to look after you, and that means not getting in trouble! Especially with Ziggy, Cindy told me what she's like" Melissa stressed.

"Mel, as long as we both come back alive I don't think they care what we do, but I'll stay out of trouble or I just won't get caught!" Rory smiled wide hugging her sister before running off. Melissa watched her with a small smile before returning her walk to the mess hall happy to see her sister making friends after everything they've been through.

 Melissa watched her with a small smile before returning her walk to the mess hall happy to see her sister making friends after everything they've been through

Melissa scrubbed the floors listening to Cindy rant about Alice heatedly, "I swear to god, everyone just wants to ruin my life".

"Alice, she's like, she just won't let it go, you know? It's like we're still twelve years old and her whole goal in life is to... to punish me for something that wasn't even my fault" Cindy continued to rant oblivious to Melissa and Tommy's shared looks of amusement. "And Ziggy, ugh, it's only a matter of time before she ends up in jail or worse!"

"I'm just trying to be a good role model and make something of myself. But no, no! I'm the stuck-up priss who hates fun, which isn't  true! At all! I like fun. I like fun! I just... I just want to get out of Shadyside. Is that so crazy?!" She finishes as she breaks her sponge on the floor after aggressively scrubbing.

She gasps, "shit!". She throws the halves of the sponge on the floor, "shit!"

"Did Cindy Berman just swear?" Tommy laughs as Melissa joins in,

"That was definitely a swear"

"Not now, you two! Not in the mood!" 

"Come on Cindy, let's go find a new one. I need one too" Mel says as she helps her stand and drops her sponge, before walking to the back room past the kitchen. 

"I think my sister has become friends with yours" Melissa informs as they look for a new sponge.

"Aurora? She doesn't seem like the type to hang out with someone like Ziggy" Cindy casts a confused look at her thinking about the younger Black sister.

"Aurora's very much like her, maybe more timid and that's why she doesn't do half the stuff Ziggy does. Maybe Ziggy will bring her out of her shell, they might be a good influence for one another. You know? Balance each other out a bit?" She voices. Cindy makes a thoughtful face before eventually agreeing with the blonde, they find the sponges' and walk back to the main part of the mess hall.