𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟷, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙱

Start from the beginning

She finally decides to leave her warm and comfortable bed and grabs her towel and sanitary products. She exits her bedroom and shuts the wooden door behind her, heading towards the bathroom. She enters the bathroom and places the towel on the toilet seat before turning the shower on, waiting for the water to heat up.

When finally heated, she steps into the shower and lets out a breath of satisfaction at the warmth of her body due to the temperature of the water from her shower head.

"Friendship. It's complicated. But, don't worry. You won't go through this alone. That's not fun. Trust me. I've been there. Now, it won't always be easy. It might even hurt a bit. Or a bit more than a bit. That depends on you. But fear not, we'll get through this. Step by step, tape by tape. You and me. Together. And don't forget... there are others."

She grabs her coconut scented shampoo and squirts a reasonable amount onto her hand. She then messages it into her scalp, cleaning her hair effectively. Once thoroughly washed out with the water, she then grabs her conditioner with the same scent and applies it to the ends.

After her hair is clean, she grabs her apple scented body wash and uses a loafer to rub it all over her body, getting rid of the dirt and smell. She shaves her body with her purple razor and then rinses off all of the body wash.

When she steps out of the shower, she grabs her white towel and wraps it around her body, leaving the bathroom to finish getting ready in her bedroom. She picks out her clothes which is a pair of blue jeans, a plain white top and a black jacket over the top, paired with some black boots. Simple but cute.

She brushes her hair out of her face and lets it air dry. She re-enters the bathroom to brush her teeth and then packs her school bag. She's never been skilful at makeup, so she doesn't even bother trying to attempt.

After she's all good and ready, she leaves her room and sees that Clay has also finished and is making his way down the stairs.

They both enter the kitchen to see their mother cooking food while their dad is sat at the small round table, drinking his coffee and reading on his iPad.

"You weren't really joking on the breakfast thing." Grace comments as she looks around the room. Her mother ignores her comment, just as most days, making the girl bite her lip in sadness.

"Eggs will be ready in a minute. You can both dig into the french toast." Lainie says excitingly as she continues to work on the eggs.

Grace sits down next to her father at the table, who doesn't even acknowledge her presence. She grabs a plate and grabs two pieces of french toast from the stack. She begins silently chewing on one piece.

Clay, on the other hand, takes a mug from the cabinet and goes over to the coffee machine.

"Do you want some cream with that?" Lainie asks Clay politely when she sees him pouring a cup of black coffee into the mug.

Clay shakes his head politely. "It's alright."

He takes a seat next to his sister and begins to drink his beverage. Their dad finally removes his eyes from the iPad to Clay. "You don't drink coffee." He observes him suspiciously.

"I don't eat breakfast either, so..." Grace finds herself smiling at her brother's witty remark.

When Lainie finishes cooking the eggs she places them on the table before sitting down. "It's been almost two weeks since we sat for dinner together as a family. I am nothing if not a realist, so I am proposing that we have family breakfast every day instead." She tells them excitedly.