First You Attack The Heart

Peter called me from the hospital, telling me May was attack by Green Goblin. Which means, somehow Goblin knows he's Spider-Man. I can't imagine how terrified he is right now. Who knows who the Goblin will attack next. And with May in the hospital he'll want to stay put to protect her, in case Goblin comes back to finished her off.

I went to the hospital first thing in the morning to see May and check up on Peter. "Will she be okay?" I asked him as I enter the room. "She's going to be fine. She's been sleeping all day. Thanks for coming." Peter told me. "Of course." I walked up to May seeing she fast asleep. Why kind of monster would attack a old lady, let alone someone so sweet as May? I swear next time I face Goblin I'm going to break every bone his body!

"How are you? You okay about the other night?" Peter asked. I step away from May's hospital bed and turn to look at Peter. "Dr. Octavius and his wife took me in, so I'm fine. I just felt bad about leaving May."

"Have you talked to Harry?" Peter asked next. I let a breath that blew any strand of hair out of my face, as I walked around to the other side of the room. "He called me. I haven't called him back. I don't think it's.. working at all between us. Even before thanksgiving I... kept stopping myself from actually being with him." I explained starting out the window through the blinds. "What do you mean?"

I took my bag that had my Spider-Woman costume inside, off my shoulders and drop it next to a chair before taking a seat. "Every time Harry tries to kiss me or asks if I love him. I would hear my Mom in my head. Repeating all these awful things she said to me. I can't stop it. I want to move on, be happy and in love... but... I don't wanted get hurt. I mean my Dad left her when she got pregnant with me. Why would anyone want to stay with me?"

"Why would anyone want to leave you, (Name)? You're amazing!" Peter said, walking over to me. "You're just saying that to make me feel better." Peter took a seat next to me, so we were at eye level. "No, I'm not. I've always thought you were amazing. You're so much stronger and braver, than I'll ever be." I laugh, shaking my head. Now I know he's just saying that. I mean, he enter a wrestling match just to get a car to impress MJ. Meanwhile I nearly piss myself in that cage and I was invisible! So, Bonesaw didn't even know I was there!

"You've had to endure your Mother putting you down for... all your life. And yet despite that, you're still kind to people and you hope things will always get better. I think that's really amazing." I stare at Peter, a bit speechless.

I.. I never really thought of it that way. I always thought I was pathetic for never having the nerve to stand up to her. "Really?" I asked, smiling a little. This doesn't at all excuse how she treated me... but it does make me feel like... maybe I can get overcome her.

"Yeah. I think whoever you end up is a lucky guy." Peter said, with a soft smile. "That's sweet Peter, but I think I'm pretty lousy at this whole dating thing." I said, making Peter chuckle. "You think I'm any better?" He asked making us both laugh. "Yeah well... you're lucky. You got such a cute dorky face. One day MJ will finally wake up and notice it."

"No, you still have the advantage." Peter said. "Oh I do?" I asked, raising eyebrow. "Yeah." He answered. "Pray tell what this advantages." I said leaning in a little. Peter drops his smile and now looked nervous. "Oh... well.." Peter paused for a moment, curling his lip inward.

"The great thing about you, (Name) is...When I look in your eyes and you're looking back... everything feels not quite normal. Because I feel stronger and weaker at the same time. I feel excited and at the same time terrified. The truth is, I don't know what I feel except... I know what kind of man I want to be. It's as if I've reached the unreachable and I wasn't ready for it."

I stared at Peter speechless, feeling my face heat up. I never had anyone say anything that sweet or romantic to me. Not even Harry. He's always trying to buy stuff for me instead. But just by Peter saying a few words I feel... I feel like I'm actually special to someone. It's like I'm seeing Peter in a whole new light now. Like there was another side of him, I never notice about him before. I've always saw Peter was a friend but... is it possible he could be more than a friend?