≼≽ Chapter 4 ≼≽

Start from the beginning

I make no mistakes when it comes to identifying object silhouettes and I am certain that what’s inside is a weapon.

The red hair guy made his way towards the bottom, while eyeing one man in particular in pure hatred.

I scratched my head in annoyance and closed my eyes, debating whether I should stop him or not.

I looked back at him again and he was in the front row. His eyes were glaring at the guy with black hair and he clenched the weapon in his pockets.

‘At this rate, he’s really gonna kill him.’

Out of impulse, I moved. Keeping my face hidden under my hood, I slowly made my way towards the front row. The delinquents screamed in my ears, making me flinch slightly but I continued to walk quietly towards him.

Everyone around us was screaming for this man called Kiyomasa to kill the blonde shrimpy.

The red-haired guy took out the weapon in his pockets and opened his pocket knife. He clenched the handle and glared dangerously at Kiyomasa.

Coming from his left side, I walked and stood in front of him, with my back facing him.

I pulled the hood lower to my eyes and faced him. He looked confused and irritated, maybe because I block his view or rather his target.

I leaned against his and whispered just loud enough for im to hear and low enough for my voice to drown with the screams.

“I don’t know what your history is with the blonde shorty temo,” I held his hand that had the pocket knife.

“Killing is never the answer,” I pulled back slowly and he looked at me with a terrified look on his face, knowing he got caught.

His hands were trembling under my touch and his eyes and lips were quivering with beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

I looked at the pocket knife in his hand. “Let go before you make a mistake you're never gonna forget.”

Slowly, he opened his hand and the knife slid into my palms. I smiled in relief and looked at him, making eye contact with him.

“Good job.” He looked at me in shock and a light tint colored his cheeks.  I nodded and closed the knife, ready to head out.

Just then, I felt someone bumped into me and soon after, a ring started to buzz on my head. A ring that is similar to a bomb once it has exploded.

“AHH-” I covered my ears and closed my eyes. The pocket knife that was in my hand flew who knows where, leaving me to deal with the ringing.

“Are you ok?” The red-haired guy held me by the arms and kept me from falling.

I opened my eyes and nodded. The ringing subsided but my vision was fuzzy and I felt nauseous from the aftereffect dizziness. I patted the red-haired stranger, telling him that I was good and he let go of my arms awkwardly.

“I’m alright. Thank you for your help,” I nodded and began looking for the pocket knife that flew out of my hands.

I glanced at the ground around us, beside us and even in the arena but it was nowhere to be found.

I began to panic. From how I swiftly covered my ears and  the pressure I used, It should not have flown more than a few feet away from me.

It should have flown around…

I froze.

I looked at the blonde shrimpy—from his pockets to how his hands were positioned— he didn’t have it. He was clutching his stomach in pain with his back turned from KIyosama.

On the other hand, the crowds continued to scream for him to kill the shrimpy. He grinned and slowly reached for his pockets and took out the pocket knife that I took from the red-haired guy.

“KILL HIM, KIYOMASA!”

“TAKAMECHI, LOOK OUT!!!”

Kiyomasa launched himself to the shrimpy, with the pocket knife opened in his hand. He grinned and laughed maniacally with the cigarette falling from his mouth.

“I GOT YOU KNOW TAKAMECHI!” Takamechi turned his face to him, frozen in shock and fear.  His eyes widened as he saw the shiny weapon held by the other male.

Before the knife could come in contact with Takamechi, I rushed in between them.

The cheers of excitement and fear was now replaced with shock faces and speechless expressions as I held and twisted his arm. The knife fell from his hand and he knelt down, groaning from the pain.

“Attacking someone who is weaker than you with a knife,” I grinned and twisted his arm tighter.

His scream filled the arena and I smirked.

“What a coward.”

”