"You're suffering from a mild concussion. Your friend Tobias hit you pretty hard during the fights yesterday. Usually the concussion could take-.."

"Did you just say yesterday? Fuck, what time is it?"

"Relax. It's only 10:53. So technically you've only been out for quite a few hours."

He tried to explain to me how I need to lay down and let my head heal, but everything he said was just the normal bullshit I've learned about in school. The more I listened, the more my head hurt, and the more I wanted to just leave the infirmary to see Hazel. Then the more I think about doing anything my brain feels like it wants to explode.

"Sir with all due respect-.." I hope this damn concussion would hurry up and go away. I can't even finish sentences without my head pounding. Luckily Laura could see how I was clearly done with being in this room listening to him talk.

"What Eric wants to say is, he's sure you're a nice guy, but he can't stand being here listening to someone tell him shit he already knows. He's wondering when he can leave so he can go back to making out with his girlfrie- ow!"

She rubbed her arm where I punched her. At least it doesn't take much thought to hit somebody.

"Shut the fuck up Laura. We weren't-.."
"I was joking Slater. Anywho, when can Eric leave doc?"

"I suppose if Mr. Slater is feeling better he can leave. I trust you two will take care of him."

I rolled my eyes and tried to picture Laura nursing me back to health or caring for me while I dealt with this goddamn concussion. I think I trust Brendon more when it comes to that.

"He'll be fine doc. If he suddenly decides to pass out or something of the sorts we'll bring him right back here." Laura said before shooting me a small grin that was nowhere near as pretty as Hazel's.

"Just let me have Eric sign a few papers and get some medicine for his headaches then you all can do whatever. Please don't do anything crazy with him like jump off the rooftops."

The doctor made Laura and Brendon leave so I could get up and he could run a few tests to make sure I wasn't dying. At first I felt very light headed and the pounding in my head sped up. Then he had me take this pill for migraines that I've seen Erudite members down quite a lot throughout the day, especially those who worked in the labs with Jeanine Matthews. It cleared my head enough so I could think and speak properly without feeling like someone shot me.

I was very glad when we all signed some release papers and walked out of the infirmary. Laura said Tobias was waiting with Hazel by the shops so we could get my glasses fixed.
Apparently they were crushed in the fight so I had to deal with being mostly blind. Brendon also thought it a genius idea to point out my missing tooth to Laura who proceeded to make fun of me for it for the next five minutes. Her obnoxious fake laugh made me take another migraine pill.

Tobias and Hazel both ran up to me. Tobias would not stop apologizing about what happened - offering to use his shopping points to pay for the dentist (which was the next place we would be going to today) and the glasses. I didn't feel much like talking to anyone because complete sentences involving much thought were still beyond my capabilities.

Hazel, who must have noticed the obvious pain simple thought is giving me, just hugged me as we walked through the store. I let Laura convince me to get contacts so the nerdy glasses wouldn't take away from my badass tattoo but she went all out trying to find exotically colored ones.

Everyone stared at my eyes for a few minutes then occasionally held sample photos next to my face asking "What about these?" or "Do you like this color Eric?"

Hazel was the only one still staring at me. If it were anyone else I would have found it creepy, but it was nice to stand in silence admiring her beauty. I swear to God the little light that's always present in her eyes made my headache momentarily go away. Without any pain to stop me I was able to say something to her about the sudden interest in my face.

"I don't look too ugly for you now do I?"

"No. The injuries just make you look absolutely stunning."

"Seriously though, what's so interesting?"

"Your eyes."

"My eyes?" The headache was coming back.

"Yes. They should give you clear contacts."

"You don't want me to have crazy blue eyes?"

"No. I happen to love your blue-grey ones."

She walked away in search of clear contacts. I found a place to sit down and rest my mind. When I learned about concussions and their effect on the brain I don't recall the pain being this bad. Perhaps I'm just thinking too much and I should really shut up for the rest of the day.

After the long process of an eye exam to get a prescription for the contacts, the long speech on how to care for them, and the long wait to have some people put a silver fake tooth in my mouth I was done with thinking. I wanted to stop after talking to Hazel about my eyes but no one took my health into consideration. I should go easy on them for trying to make me feel better. It's just so fucking hard when they make you want to pass out in bed at five in the afternoon.

God I was so tired. Laura, Tobias, and Brendon dropped me and Hazel off in the dorms before going to get tattoos. I took a few more pills then curled up under the sheets of my bed to get some rest. I didn't question Hazel when she lay down next to me - my arms wrapped around her. It made me a little happier to have her curled up next to me and I drifted off to sleep not long after that. She dozed off too and we slept without a care in the world what the other Transfers would think of us sleeping in the same bed.

~
Hello anyone who is still reading this. I'm sorry for being inactive for the longest time with this story. Honestly I have had no time and I've been on a blank on how to continue this (which is why I have another story in progress. I've been working on that while I gather ideas on where to take this). Thank you all so much for sticking with me here. 1.74K total views is more than I ever thought I would get. If anyone is interested in reading more I will be updating as frequently as I can and I already have some chapters written up it's just a matter of finding time to type them. Again thank you for reading. :)
~