The Knight of Seven Arrives

+XXXXXXXX+

I shift in my seat as I stare at my brother standing at the front of the classroom. It was only a matter of time since Zero returned before Suzaku would make his way back here, so I'm not surprised. The shock from Lelouch sitting next to me is hard to ignore, but I don't dare risk a glance his way.

"Hello everyone, my name is Suzaku Kururugi, and I will be returning to classes here at Ashford Academy starting today. I look forward to studying here."

"Suzaku Kururugi?" a girl whispers. "The twin of Sakura, right?"

"He's the guy who caught Zero," a boy barely whispers.

"The White Death is coming to school here?" another boy blurts out.

I reach over to place my hand on Lelouch's clenched fist. My eyes never deviating from looking at the front of the classroom.

"He's the Knight of Seven," a girl almost squeals.

"But he's an 11," a girl says.

"Doesn't matter. He's the Emperors immediate support man."

"Okay, quiet down," Ms. Villetta slaps her hand on her clipboard. "Sir Kururugi has been reassigned to Area 11, and that's why he's coming back to school here. Why don't you take the aisle desk next to Lelouch, and near to your sister as well?"

"Yes ma'am," Suzaku begins to make his way to us.

Lelouch's hand pops open, but I don't move my hand.

The last close family member that I leaned heavily on is now a man that I can barely call my brother. He's the only one that has stuck by me my entire life. The same blood runs through Suzaku that runs through me, but he has denounced Japan to try and change Britannia from the inside. He has pushed away his best friend, and he has held me at an arm's length since our secret was revealed to him. He took a year from Lelouch all because he wants to follow the rules as closely as possible, and now he's become a pawn for the Emperor. It makes me disgusted.

It was just yesterday on the journey back to school, that I asked what was taken from him by the Emperor. It was only three things: Nunnally, everything about Zero, and that he is a prince of Britannian. The three things that shaped him into who he is. It was no wonder that he was an entirely different person with no drive to change the world in any capacity.

Suzaku steps up to his new seat, looking down at Lelouch like he can force the boy to spill that he's returned to his old self. Every single one of our classmates are holding their breaths.

"Hey, welcome back," Lelouch smiles as he looks up. "It's been some time."

"I can't believe you haven't sent me any word on how you're doing," I stick my tongue out at him for a moment. My hand interlocking with Lelouch's.

"I'm sorry, but I missed everyone a lot," Suzaku smiles back.

"Suzaku, it feels like forever!" Shirley rushes up to his side and grabs his hand.

"You've really come up in the world," Rivalz steps up behind him and wraps his arm around the boy's shoulder.

"Suzaku's back!" Milly's voice is shocking as she isn't in this class. "Where is she?"

"Madam President, class is in progress, you mind?" Lelouch playfully scolds as we see her at the door.

"Oh, what's with you Lelouch?" she pouts.