Chapter Nineteen - Gone

"Issy!" Minho screamed, pounding his fists on the Doors as if he could break them down. "Issy, no!" I didn't know what to do. I had never seen Minho show so much of his heart before. I walked slowly over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He was on the ground, silent tears rolling down his cheeks. "She can't be gone. I never got to tell her..." He whispered to himself. A sob escaped him. I pulled Minho into a hug. Newt walked over and hugged him from the other side.

Newt sat back in his heels, and I copied him. "Minho, we can't bear seeing you like this. Please, get up." I said softly to him. He glared at me. "No," He growled. "I will stay here until the Doors open. I won't eat or sleep. Just sit. " He said stubbornly. Minho curled up against the Doors, still facing me. I sighed.

"Minho, I'm not going to lie and tell you it's alright because it's not. But Issy won't want you to hurt yourself over her. Because there's no reason to. Issy is a strong person - I should know from my memories. She is smart, and will figure out a way to survive, with Thomas. That I can promise you." I stood up. Minho looked up at me, then took the hand I offered him, standing up.

He grinned unexpectedly, some of his usual demeanor returning. "That was really cheesy." He pulled me into a hug. "Thanks anyway." He released me, walking off to the kitchen where Frypan was heading for dinner.

I smiled. I couldn't help it. I looked at the closed Doors, knowing somehow, with confidence, that Issy would reappear, alive and with Thomas, the next morning. But was that just WICKED making me think that? I shook off the thought, taking Newt's hand and leading him to the Homestead for dinner.
   ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:
The next chapter will be set in the morning so will see whether I'm feeling evil or not...
Your votes really keep me going on this story and I love reading any comments so please do.
Please vote, comment and follow me (: