"Doctor, we should both go."

"We come in peace, we mean no harm. I'm The Doctor, this is Harriet. Tell us your name, your race, your species, your shoe size. Anything! We just want to help."

The alien paused for a moment, considering The Doctor's word. It hissed once more, its tongue whipping from its mouth, before taking a small step back in compliance. 

The pair finally managed to get a good look at the creature. It stood nearly seven-foot-tall, its figure towering over the women. Its skin was a dark shade of purple, its veins raised out the skin showing something white pulsing around the body. At the end of each hand, it had three sharp claws instead of fingers. Its feet were much the same. Thin scraps of cloth covered its body, a belt with several metal tubes attached tied tightly around its waist. Its face mostly resembled a human apart from its eyes being pure black. Most prominently, long black spikes protruded all over the back of its head, neck and back. 

"You are beautiful, you really are. Look how wonderful they are, Harriet." The Doctor Smiled, turning back to check Harriet was okay.

"He looks like a big hedgehog," Harriet whispered, unable to pry her eyes away from the alien before her. She couldn't escape the thought that this was the thing that chased her earlier. 

"Harriet! Don't be rude. Sorry about her, she's not used to outside life, never seen your kind before. And your kind would be?" The Doctor chastised the human but still trying to pursue her original mission.

The alien looked back and forth, letting out slow heavy breathes before answering, "I... am... a... Collavee."

"Collavee? Oh, Collavee, you do exist! I thought you were just a legend race of the universe, an old tale to scare kids. No wonder the TARDIS didn't recognise you. Harriet, come meet your second alien race." The Doctor grabbed Harriet's hand, pulling her closer than she wanted to be. "Harriet, Human Being, meet a Collavee. I was told about them back on Gallifrey. They're an ancient warrior race, able to adapt their venom to kill anyone that stands against them. The venom courses through their veins, which each of those black spikes is locked into. They pluck the spikes from their bodies, pop it in the enemy and kill them in minutes." The Doctor explained, pointing from the Collavee to the dead body on the floor, much to Harriet's horror.

"You... know my... species well... what are you?" The Collavee asked.

"I'm... no one. Don't mind me. I'm more interested in why you're here on Earth."

"I... was sent... here... We needed... a new home... Earth was... seen as... as a low threat... Humans are easy... to conquer." The Collavee hissed, a satisfied smirk lurking on its face.

 "Oh, mate, I was excited to meet you until you said that. Earth is not easy, it's a level five protected planet. You'll also have me to deal with." The Doctor replied, moving in front of Harriet The Collavee let out a great roar of laughter, echoing throughout the old church building.

Harriet jumped in fear, letting out a small whimper. "Doctor, I think we should go now." She whispered, tugging lightly at The Doctor's coat.

"Human... Petty... scared... little... girl... You ran... in fear of me." The Collavee laughed, pointing a talon at Harriet. 

"Ummm... sorry, did you not let it earlier when I opened the cupboard door? Do not mock my friends, or you will quickly get on my bad list." The Doctor spat. 

"It was... a tactical retreat... I must... keep the transporter... safe."

"Oh is that what's tucked away behind the barricade? A ship, a beacon, a telepad to bring the rest of your species here? Well too bad, I'm here to stop you."

"How could... a puny human... like you... stop the great... Collavee... the warriors of the Galaxy?"

"Glad you asked! Harriet, something I forgot to mention earlier," The Doctor spun on the spot, clapped her hands onto Harriet's shoulders and started to guide her towards the exit. "The Collavee don't just adapt their venom, they've evolved their senses too. Bound to happen when you've been around that long. Now this means they have excellent sight, taste, hearing etc. And do you know what you shouldn't do around a species with exceptional hearing?"

Harriet shook her head no as The Doctor fiddled with the settings on the Sonic Screwdriver. She flashed a large grin before pointing the Sonic at the Collavee. "You shouldn't make a lot of noise." She pressed the button causing an ear-deafening whirring noise to be emitted. The Collavee clamped its claws over its ears, doubling over in pain whilst screeching. 

"RUN!" The Doctor yelled, grabbing Harriet's hand and running out the room together. She pushed the doors shut behind her, whizzing the Sonic to lock it shut before continuing her run with Harriet in tow.