14

Jisung stretched as he leaned against his car. He and Hyunjin's race was coming up. There were other things on his mind. Like that person Minho had mentioned. Who was it? Why hadn't they told him yet? Were they scared to ruin a friendship? Were they even friends? Jisung looked up at the sky. They probably didn't want to come out and say anything because they thought they'd get rejected. Which, they would. Jisung only had two things in his heart. Racing and Minho.

Weird how fast it went from one to two. To think he'd met Minho a short time ago. It felt like he knew him his entire life. They did spend almost everyday together. Jisung poked his tongue around his mouth. Who liked him other then Minho?

"Jisung."

Said boy looked at the person who'd called him. Hwang Hyunjin. The guy he was going to race. "Yo," Jisung called with a smile.

"You ready for our race?"

"Course. I'm gonna beat your ass and then race Minho."

Hyunjin hummed, moving to lean against the red vehicle. "You seem confident. You wanna make a bet?"

Jisung's eyes narrowed. A bet? "Sure, why not. What're the stakes?"

"Well, what do you want?"

Jisung thought about it. What did he want the most from his rival? Money? "Oh, I want embarrassing pictures of everyone. You've got to have some."

Hyunjin blinked. "That's what you want? Really?" Jisung nodded in response. "Okay."

"What do you want if you win? Not that you will." Jisung smirked, arms crossing over his chest.

"I want you to go on a date with me."

Jisung chuckled. He waited for the other to say he was joking. One second. Two seconds. Three... five... Jisung's eyes widened.

There's another track.

"Holy shit, you're serious," Jisung uttered, eyes wide in disbelief.

Hyunjin's ears were red, his fingers moving up to play with his earrings. "Yeah, I'm not. I like you. I'm pretty good at acting and unlike Minho I didn't want you to find out."

Unlike Minho? Minho wanted him to find out about his feelings? It made sense. He was really flirty. Maybe he'd done it subconsciously.
"Hyunjin."

"I know. You don't like me like that. I'm not asking you to be my boyfriend. I'm not pressuring you into that. At most it'd be one date. To test the waters and take me into account. I know you love Minho. We can all see that clear as day."

"So, if you win, you want to take me out on a date?" Jisung asked.

"Yup. I wanna show you the romantic side to me. But that's only if I win."

Jisung brushed his hair back. Hyunjin liked him? Was that why Minho had seemed slightly on edge that night? His friend liked who he liked.

Right, the bet. One date. It was just one date if he lost. No, he wouldn't lose. He wasn't going to give Hyunjin hope for something that wouldn't happen. He wasn't going to let Minho down. He'd win. He'd win for Minho.