Chapter 6 - Experiment

"Make sure you are there to accompany her," Dewin demanded as he put his sword back in the scabbard.

Zeif glanced at the sleeping girl over his shoulder, then to the prince, "As you wish, your highness," he bowed his head before turning his head back to the front and started to walk away.

Ahvin, Furrie, Neiz, and Garrett stepped forward to follow their leader, but they were stopped by the prince, who raised his hand, signaling them to stop.

"I only ordered Zeif," Dewin stated, still not giving them a glance.

The assassins looked at each other before bowing their heads in unison. "We apologize, your highness!" their loud voice echoed through the big hallway.

"Raise your head," the prince sighed. He turned around before walking past them. "Let's go back; let Zeif handle the rest," he uttered.

The assassins glanced at Zeif's disappearing figure first before turning around to follow their prince from behind. As they walk, the crackling sounds coming from the torches and the sounds of their footsteps are the only ones that can be heard in the hallway.

"I actually have something to tell all of you," Dewin broke the silence, which the assassins glanced at each other before Neiz finally gathered enough courage to speak.

"What is it, your highness?" Neiz politely asked.

"Zeif already knew about this; I've already discussed this with him before you departed to another world," the prince said, placing his hands behind his back.

He gave a glance at them over his shoulder before continuing, "Zeif and I discussed about having a human slave."

The assassins' eyes widened at his statement; this wasn't their plan in the first place. What's with the sudden change?

Dewin smirked upon seeing their reaction; he already knew they would be shocked by the news. He then turned his head back to the front. "Surprising, wasn't it?" he muttered.

"Permission to speak, your highness," Garrett finally spoke.

"Go on," Dewin said, nodding his head.

"This isn't our plan. Our plan is to experiment on the human's body, which will eventually lead to her death. The king will be surprised if-"

"My old man is aware of this." Dewin cut him off, making Garrett stay quiet.

"We discussed this before you came back," the prince continues, "and that human will be our slave throughout her whole life. Overall, the surgeons are still going to experiment her body for her hidden power, but they're not going to experiment her that much. She needs to live; she needs to become our slave." The prince finished, not giving them a chance to speak or even question him.

"I don't want to hear more questions; I am here to inform you, not to answer your stupid questions," the prince scoffed.

The assassins' stared at each other, and the little courage they had immediately disappeared as soon as their prince spoke those words.

"I mean, it's also a good plan," Ahvin muttered under his breath.

Neiz shook his head. "I still don't like it," he mumbled, crossing his arms in disapproval.

They decided to shut their mouths and just follow their prince quietly, as they knew he didn't like noisy people. Instead, they all just watched the back of the prince, who was walking before them.

'I hate this,' Garrett thought. 'That human isn't going to die,' he heavily sighed, feeling angry about the news.

Furrie glanced at him. "Garrett, we all have different opinions," he said to him in a low voice, then shrugged his shoulders.