XIV. realisation

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・''・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

゚・* When Milia woke up that morning it took her a while to remember exactly what had happened the night before

゚・* When Milia woke up that morning it took her a while to remember exactly what had happened the night before. She mentally came to terms with every single moment and how she regretted majority of it.

It didn't take her long to realise where she fucked up and messed it all up. She knew that she took Timothée for granted and was prepared to apologise for everything.

She didn't want to get out of bed and face him. She laid curled up beneath her sheets starring at the wall beside her. She felt empty and depleted at the idea of standing up.

As her feet touched the floor a shiver ran up her spine from its coldness. The hard floor held her small feet in place like glue. It was hard to push herself up to stand and when she did she groaned at the weight of her body. A sudden wave of sadness washed over and she instantly knew she majorly screwed up.

She was just so confused and overwhelmed with all her frantic thoughts. She rubbed her palms into her eyes and watched as the blackness danced in technicolor blurs. When she opened her eyes the sudden exposure to colour blinded her for a millisecond before she adjusted. Her room was the only still place. Nothing changed and nothing moved, it was her happy place. It remained untainted and distracted her from the mess awaiting downstairs for her.

She got changed excruciatingly slow to try and prolong the inevitable. She poked each arm into her shirt and lingered on the scratching sensation it created as she pulled it down to fit.

She walked downstairs and marvelled at the silence. She could only hear the faint sounds of her father and mother enjoying their breakfast. The stirring of spoons in coffee cups became mesmerising as it seamlessly hit the sides creating a ringing effect. She walked cautiously towards the table and came into full view of everyone. Her eyes contorted in confusion at the missing sight of Timmy.

His parents smiled widely at her and Milia sat cautiously within her surroundings. She was tense at the table and only answered the parents in one word answers. Her head arched to the side starring off at the hallway linked to his room as she waited for him to come out.

An hour had passed and both Timothée and Milia's parents were chatting away whereas Milia sat in confusion. She zoned out completely, starting at the hallway and didn't seem to pick up on the adults laughter. She briefly turned her attention to the window and watched the birds her father had made an effort to feed every morning.

A loud clatter snapped Milia back to reality and she looked back at the hallway but there was still nothing. She looked around the table as her mother apologised for dropping her spoon onto the floor. Milia smiled weakly at her and Lily instantly picked up on her daughters absence.