Baji // Why Not Me? [ 1 ]

Start from the beginning

A girl approaches you. She's kinda hesitant at first but Baji is staring at her so she had no choice but to greet him.

"Kei-chan." She said. Her eyes are sad. "We're schoolmates. I didn't notice." She added.

"Please don't call me that." Baji's tone is serious making the girl feel conscious and look away.

"It's nice to see you doing well." She slightly bows at him and looks at you, she gave you a gentle yet sad smile and then walks away. You look at Baji and he's clenching his jaws.

You instantly felt something happened between them. Exes maybe?

After that he became quiet. You find him spacing out multiple times. He looks hurt.

After class, you bought a juice and give one to him.

"So..." You said as you opened the juice. "Ex?"

"Yeah. Bitter break-up."

"That sucks." You said while tapping your fingers to the juice bottle. You don't want him to force himself to tell you the story. You decide to wait for him open up to you when he feels to.

"Yeah. He replied and drink his juice."

There's silence for a couple of seconds.

You don't know what to do to comfort him so you just scoot closer and pat his head like a cat. He looks at you with a confused look.

"I don't know how to comfort you... I never had a boyfriend so I don't know what it feels like in a break-up." You paused for a while. "Need a hug?"

He look at you and laughed. "I'm fine, don't worry about me." He said while messing with your hair.

You felt your cheeks burning and your heart beating fast. He's so cute when he smiles. Today, you confirmed your feelings. You really like him.

"Let's go home together." He said.

***

Months passed and Baji seems to be okay. He sees his ex every now and then and he looks fine, he smiles at you but you can feel he glances at her.

You are walking to the hallway, it's your class duty and you're assigned to bring your class' notebooks to the faculty. as you walk your way there, you hear voices. You halt when you recognize one of the voices. You peek behind the wall and saw Baji helping his ex carry some papers.

They talking casually but you can still sense some tense around them. The girl trip, almost losing her balance but Baji instantly catches her with his one arm pulling her waist close to him.

You can see the girl blush. Baji smiles at her. His smiles are different when he's with her. Your chest tightens, clenching your fist to the notebooks you are holding you walk fast in front of them.

You heard Baji calling you but you ignored him. Why do I react like this? It's immature of me. You said to yourself.

The next day, Baji greets you with a smile but you just nod at him. Idiot y/n don't act like a jealous girlfriend. You are not his girlfriend! You mentally scold yourself.

You try your best to return to your happy self throughout the day so he doesn't notice that you're kinda off.

After class, you and Baji are walking together when you halt. He looks back at you.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

"Baji, at the school festival tomorrow. I have something to tell you." You said making him tilt his head to the side.