Chapter 2: Bookshop Reunions

Once Charlie got back to the orphanage, he ran into Claire. "Oh. Good Morning, Claire. Sorry. I can't stop and chat right now. I have to go to Diagon Alley." Claire nodded in understanding. "Okay. Do you want me to drop you off?" she offered. Charlie thought for a moment before nodding. "That'd be nice thank you." Claire then left him as he got changed into his Hogwarts robes for the year. Later that day, he was guiding Claire all the way to Diagon Alley. Georgina was there too as she wanted to come along to drop him off as well. "We're almost there now." he said as he walked with them towards the entrance. Once they were there, there were a lot of wizard's and witches everywhere. Some were looking in shop windows, some were practicing their magic and some were just standing around and talking to each other. 

"So..." Georgina started to say. "...this is Diagon Alley?" Charlie nodded. "This is where I need to get my school supplies." he replied as he took out the letter from Professor Mcgonagall that he received before he left the orphanage after putting on his robes and took a look at it. A majority of the books he needed this year were by somebody who had no knowledge about whatsoever: Gilderoy Lockhart. As he was looking, he heard a voice calling his name. "Charlie!" it shouted as Charlie looked around before his face with met with a mass of brunette brown hair in a tighter than tight hug to of which he returned. "Hey Hermione." he said as he smiled at her to of which he smiled back once they released each other as he put his list of school supplies that he needs away for the time being. "Are you ready to get your school supplies this year with me?" asked Hermione as Charlie nodded before Hermione noticed Claire and Georgina standing behind him. 

"Who's they?" she asked. Charlie turned around. "Oh my. I just realised that I haven't introduced you to them yet. Hermione, that's Claire. The owner of the orphanage that I am at." Hermione smiled then went to shake her hand. "Nice to meet you." she said as Claire shook her hand in return with a smile of her own. "Pleased to meet you as well, darling." she said in her motherly tone. "And that is my friend at the orphanage, Georgina." Charlie explained. Hermione, who was still smiling turned her attention to Georgina as they shook hands as well. "Is she your future girlfriend then, Charlie?" Georgina teased with a chuckle,causing Charlie and Hermione to both blush. "Relax, you two. I'm only teasing." she said in between chuckles. "Well, we hope you have a magnificent second year at Hogwarts, Charlie. We will see you around. It was lovely to meeting you, Hermione. Come on, Georgina." Georgina then hugged Charlie goodbye and left Diagon Alley with Claire. "Does she always tease like that, Charlie?" Hermione asked. "Not really, Hermione." he replied. So Charlie and Hermione got into the shops and bought all of their supplies for the year as they then saw the Weasley family enter the shop. 

"Hermione! Charlie!" Ron called out as soon as he saw them. As soon as they saw him in the shop, they quickly dashed over to him. Charlie and him shared a bro hug. "Hey mate, how are you doing? Did you have a good summer?" he asked Ron. "Oh yeah it was amazing really. Well aside from mum telling me, Fred and George off when all that we were doing is rescuing Harry from his abusive relatives. They were starving him and had bars on his window! Bars! Bars I tell you, mate! Bars!" Ron shouted  "Okay. Okay. Calm down!" replied Charlie. "Speaking of Harry, where is he?" Hermione asked. "Oh. Well um. I don't know. But he should be here." Ron answered. "I'm going to go and look for him." Hermione said as she left the shop. It was then that Charlie saw Molly Weasley with Ginny. One of Ginny's hand s was bandaged up. "Hi Mrs Weasley." Charlie said with a smile. "Oh well hello, dear. You don't need to be so formal. Please. Call me Molly." she replied as Charlie nodded as he then noticed Ginny holding her bandaged hand. "And who might you be?" he asked trying to be polite as Ginny looked up at him. "Ginny."  she said in return. "What happened to your hand?" Ginny blinked. She was silent before she spoke up. "I was bitten by a monster last night." Oh no..." Charlie mumbled, but luckily for him, Molly and Ginny didn't hear. 

Meanwhile, Hermione was out of the shop, looking for Harry. Just as she was about to give up, she spotted him with Hagrid by his side. "Harry! Hagrid!" she exclaimed. "'Ello 'Ermione." Hagrid replied with a smile. "It's so great to see you, Harry." continued Hermione as she continued to smile. "Hermione. It's great to see you too." Harry replied. "What did you do to your glasses?" she questioned. "Well um, you see er..." Harry started to say, but didn't get a chance to finish as Hermione took out her wand. "Oculus Reparo." she said with a smile and, just like first year, Harry's glasses fixed themselves. "I definitely need to remember that one." Harry chuckled. After saying goodbye to Hagrid, Hermione went back into the bookshop with Harry. Harry stood with the Weasleys after saying "Hello." to Charlie again after not seeing him for months and having a brief catch up with each other. Hermione then made her way back over to Charlie and stood next to him. 

"And now ladies and gentlemen..." the owner of the bookshop announced. "... I present to you: Gilderoy Lockhart." the owner finished as everyone in the shop applauded apart from Harry, Ron, Hermione and Charlie as Gilderoy Lockhart came out of his spot. "I read up about him." Hermione whispered to Charlie when she noticed that he was looking confused. "Apparently he has wrote down stuff that he has done in his life in his books. I don't believe that he has done any of the things. I mean like no wizard is more powerful than the most powerful wizard of all: Merlin." "So you're saying that he is a fraud?" Charlie whisper asked as Hermione nodded. "Thank you. Thank you." Lockhart announced. Before that he could continue, he then noticed Harry in the crowd. "Oh my goodness. I can't believe it. It's Harry Potter." Harry didn't look all that impressed as a news reporter grabbed him by the hand and made him stand next to Lockhart. "Now Harry. I don't want to waste this moment. It's the greatest moment of my life." Lockhart said as he put his arm around Harry as one of the reporters took a photo. "I am honored to present him with these. These are all my books. Free of charge." he added as there was another photo taken of Harry and a applause from the reporters. Harry then, while carrying the books that he was given, made his way away from Lockhart." Are you okay, Harry?" Charlie asked. "I'm going to be fine I guess." he replied with sarcasm in his voice. Just as Harry, Ron, Hermione and Charlie were about to leave the shop with the Weasley family, they were stopped by a blonde haired boy that they knew well. It was Draco Malfoy. 

"Bet you loved that one, didn't you Potter?" he began. "Famous Harry Potter. Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page." he mocked while looking at Harry. "Leave him alone. He didn't want any of that." said Ginny. It was the first time that she spoken in front of Harry. She was glaring at Malfoy. "Oh look, Potter." Malfoy continued. "You got yourself a girlfriend." he finished with a smirk on his face. "How would you know, Malfoy? Considering that you will never get one yourself." Charlie stated as Draco then looked at Charlie, he was no longer smiling. A silver end of a cane then dropped onto Draco's shoulder as they all looked to see a taller man. "Now now, Draco. Play nicely." the man said with a little bit of a smile. he turned his attention to Harry. "Mr Potter." he stated as he held his hand out for what looked to be a handshake. "Lucius Malfoy." he introduced himself as. Harry then said managed to put his hand in the man's hand, but instead of shaking Harry's hand, he pulled him forward which took everyone by surprise. He then brushed some of Harry's hair away from his face using his cane, revealing Harry's lightning bolt shaped scar on his head. "Forgive me, but that scar is legendary. Almost as legendary as the wizard that gave you it." he chuckled. "Voldemort killed my parents. He was nothing more than a murderer." As soon as Lucius heard these words from Harry, he was no longer smiling. 

"You must be very brave to speak his name, or you must be very foolish." he sneered as he grabbed hold of one of the books that he had taken with him and took a look at it before placing it down in Ginny's cauldron. Lucius then turned his attention to Charlie. "And who might you be?" he asked rather curiously. "Charlie. Charlie Turner." Charlie replied quite proudly. "Ah yes. Your parents were muggles, were they not? Killed by a werewolf?" Charlie nodded. "Pity. Good people they were." Lucius hissed. "Come along now, Draco. We got shopping to do before you leave for Hogwarts." Lucius and Draco then left the shop. "Urgh. That man makes me shudder. I got to find out more about how he knew about my parents." Charlie said referring to Lucius. "Oh my." Molly said while checking the time. "It is almost time for the Hogwarts Express to leave the train station. Come on, dears. We must get going now." and so Harry, Charlie, Hermione and the Weasleys all left the bookshop and started to make their way through Diagon Alley all the way to the train station.