Chapter 30 - Aftermath

Start from the beginning

As Midnight helped carry Ochako to the paramedics, the gravity manipulating girl woke up.

"Well looks like we don't have to worry about you being unconscious anymore." Midnight tells her.

"Wha- What happened! Where's 13? And what happened to the villains?" Ochako asked, looking around to see the police entering the building.

"It's all handled, by your boyfriend by the looks of it." Midnight explains.

"Izuku beat that beast?" Ochako asks. "Wait, shouldn't you be helping Sero and Mina first?" Ochako questions worried about them.

"They're all healed, thanks to Shimura. He healed you and 13 as well." The R-rated heroine explains. "And if what your classmates have said is true, Shimura might have just turned that beast to dust."

"I-I want to see him." Ochako tells her teacher.

"No, you're going to get checked out by the paramedics first." Midnight tells her.

"You don't understand, I... I need to see him! Please. If he loses control, then......" Ochako is stopped mid-sentence by the heroine.

"He already lost control and laid waste to that beast in a few minutes, had it not been for the Shadow of the Phoenix who knocked him out, he probably would have gone on a rampage and hurt the staff." Midnight explains.

"He's not going to like this when he wakes up...." Ochako mutters.

"It's not a when Uraraka, right not, with the state of his injuries, that's a big if." Midnight informs her.

"What do you mean Midnight? What happened?" Ochako asks.

"Apparently before Shimura was able to knock out the beast, it managed to punch a hole in the boy's stomach. But the members of the Shadow don't really seem to care about it." Midnight explains. 

"We have no reason to worry about the Phoenix and its host." A woman says walking up to the two. "He'll be fine. Besides if he really is the perfect host for the Phoenix Force, then it won't let him die this easily."

"And you are??" Midnight asks the woman clad in a yellow and blue suit with three plaits that came up to her thighs and a golden helmet.

"Oh, I'm Lieutenant Foster. And no that is not my name, it is a code. I'm the leader of the Foster Corp or Gamma corp. The man back there was General Rogers, again that is a code too. He was the commander of the Rogers Corp before he got promoted. And the guy in the black suit, he's Corporal Nighthawk, the leader of the Alpha Corp, or the Nighthawk Corp." She explains.

"What if- what if Izuku isn't- what if he isn't the perfect host?" Ochako asks worriedly about her friend.

"Well, if that is the case then all we can do is hope that the boy somehow survives." The lady tells them. "You seem to be rather close to the boy. He'd want you there when he wakes up, along with his mother. That also makes us liable to tell you what we are going to tell the principal." She says getting in close to Ochako's face. "You." She says looking up at Midnight. "Make sure that she's there in the meeting!" She orders.

"H-Hey!!!" Midnight exclaims. "Don't order me around, I'm a pro! I could have you behind bars if I wanted to!"

"You can't do jack shit right now, Midnight. You risk getting fired. Now make sure that this girl is in the meeting or deal with the consequences later." Foster warns as she walks away.

Midnight looks at the woman and scowls. "Who does she think she is?" She mutters.

"S-Sorry you had to go through that because of me Miss Midnight." Ochako apologizes.

"You don't need to apologize Uraraka, you haven't done anything wrong." Nemuri tells her. "Now how about we do a quick check-up with the paramedics and then I'll take you to UA. You can grab some lunch and then I'll call you when this whole shitshow of a meeting starts?"

Ochako simply nods as the two ladies walk to the paramedics.

"I've got a female, 15. Was supposedly injured by the Nomu, reported broken ribs and fractured arm." Nemuri tells the paramedics. "Was healed by one of the other students."

"We'll take a look, but whoever healed her did a pretty good job. On her, 13 and the other two students." The paramedic informs Nemuri.

"If possible, give her an energy bar, she might need it." Nemuri tells them. "How are the other students holding up?"

"Most of them are unscathed." The head paramedic informs. "We've given basic medical checks to them and let them go. The ones that either fell into the shipwreck zone and those that were in the flood zone have been given treatment to prevent the onset of hypothermia. Aside from the green-haired kid with the hole in his stomach, the worst injuries came to the two rather aggressive students with ash-blonde hair, and those were a few scratches and bruises, nothing too bad that we couldn't handle."

"Alright, I'll inform Nezu and Recovery Girl about this." Nemuri says.

"And we're done with the girl. She's all good." One of the paramedics says.

"That was quick." Nemuri comments.

"Yeah, none of them are really injured. I'm more worried about the mental trauma though. These kids have seen a proper villain attack this early on in the school year and they saw their classmates and teacher get injured. There's no telling what sort of problems that might cause." The head paramedic points out.

"I know, I'm worried about that as well." Nemuri says as she helps Ochako down the ambulance. "Thank you for helping." She says, bowing slightly to thank them.

"Don't worry ma'am, this is our job." The paramedics bow back before carrying on with their work.

"Now to get you to UA." Nemuri says as she boards the bus with Ochako, the girl immediately going to her classmates, hugging them. Most of them were either in tears or were too shocked to express any emotions.

"Now, everybody can I have your attention for a minute?" Nemuri asks them. They just had a near-death experience. They're all shocked and scared. She should know she was in their shoes a long time ago.

"Now once we get to school, first I want all of you to change into anything comfortable, it doesn't have to be your uniform. Then head to the cafeteria, Lunch Rush has prepared some food for you all. After eating, I want you to call your parents to come and pick you up from school. If they can't let us know we'll ask one of the staff members to escort you home." Nemuri tells them. "School will be closed for the next two days, take this time to rest. We'll discuss what the next step is once you all get back to school. If in these two days you feel like you need someone to talk to, professionally, give us a call, we'll arrange a meeting with Hound Dog or myself."

"And there is no shame in asking for help. Even All Might and Endeavour ask for help, not just in fights but outside of fights from time to time." She tells them as the bus heads to UA. "If you feel uncomfortable talking to people inside the school, talk to someone outside. Do not let these emotions bottle up, it's always better to let them out."