“As we start this school year, I would love for each and every student to keep in mind the progress and the change that we as a school need to see. I know the trouble that each of you have faced, the things you’ve done to make you a perfect candidate for this school.”

“But we aren’t looking back. From this day on should we not dwell on your past. Nor will we continue on the same path of self destruction or depreciation."

"Focus on what you could do as students to make the environment and the people around you, able to function in a superior way that will make you successful in the future.”

“And as we enter what could be our second, third or Last years of school, we will look back and tell your kid that you went to one of the best schools in St. Louis."

"From here on out we will look forward, not back. It’s going to take everything in me to make that happen. As students I need your help. Your help to be the brightest. Your help to be the greatest. Your help to be the Smartest.” Ms. Thatcher paused to gather her words.

“In conclusion, I’m going to make this school better than it’s ever been. Better Grades, better test scores, better attendance and we the Sierra Serpents can make that happen.”

“Yeah!” Miss. Davis cheered to spur on the wave of students who sat there bored.

“Okay…” She huffed into the microphone, “Please meet with your homeroom teacher at nine-thirty to get your schedules."

"Now our head cheerleader will send us off with another inspiring cheer.” The students exited the gym as the assembly faded out by the sounds of Jolie spelling out the school's name.

“How was it?” Nolan asked at his usual position on top of the lockers.

“Honestly, Not as Bad as it could be but I wish I Wouldn't have had to go.” Robyn complained. She leaned against one of the lockers that her friend laid upon.

“But you know how Miss. Davis is,” She gave the widest smile she could, imitating the teacher.

“You don’t have to go. But I really think you should. It'll be lots of fun.”

“Screw her, you should’ve just skipped anyways.” The other said bluntly.

“Miss. Da-”

“Miss. Davis is a very nice lady. Questionable. But I think you should respect her, De’Neil.” Robyn turned around, looking for the voice that had cut into their conversation. Ariel Stood amongst the pair, Dylan hanging over his back in a piggy back ride position.

“Nobody asked you to welcome yourself into our conversation anyways.”

“I came to ask Robbie Rotten something but you seem to have ruined my mood.” The teen furrowed his brow as he let Dylan off his back.

“I’ll see you later, Dyl Pickle.”

“Come on, man. Why don’t you ask her.” Dylan pleaded with him.

Nolan slid down from the lockers. He tilted his chin up as a smirk graced his face.“He’s a pussy. Just let him runawa-” Ariel lunge at the teen quickly, tackling him to the floor in what seemed like a second.

“FIGHT!!” Robyn yelled and a circle of students formed around the pair.

It wasn’t long before Ms. Thatcher came to break up the struggle, she pushed through the crowd and forced her way through.

“Enough!” The principal yelled as she pulled them off one another. “It’s the first day of school, I would suggest you both act like you are in a building and show some respect for the people around you.”